New Deicide song!

Modern production blands up yet another band with a seminal sound.

Sounds great. Which is counter productive because it no longer sounds evil.

I'll take buzzsaw aggressive scooped riffage with Evil Dead vocal fx over this modern DM by numbers sound any day. It sounds "now" if you know what I mean dharling?

I'd agree that they are more suited to their old grittier sound.

But you know what...... Scott Burns retired over ten years ago

I'll take buzzsaw aggressive scooped riffage with Evil Dead vocal fx over this modern DM by numbers sound any day. It sounds "now" if you know what I mean dharling?

I think you're being ridicously picky. Quality riffage shines through any production, old or new. If you want the old stuff then there is plenty of shit for you to listen to, or you can appreciate it for what it is which is killer fucking Death Metal.

Drums sound really really fake, especially in the blasts... Sounds programmed even though I'm sure it's just replaced. The blasts sound like rimshots or something though when they should probably be medium/hard samples at the loudest.

I think you're being ridicously picky. Quality riffage shines through any production, old or new. If you want the old stuff then there is plenty of shit for you to listen to, or you can appreciate it for what it is which is killer fucking Death Metal.

This just about sums up my thoughts on the matter

This totally reminds me of the new Cannibal Corpse record. The "hyper-metal" sounding drums, scooped guitars and distorted bass.

Sounds great in isolation - but listen to anything else in death metal and it's not so original.. shame!

I agree. Very bland sound - still a decent song, though

I can still accept modern production, but dirtier production is usually more interesting, and is more "fitting" with certain bands.

Man, I've been revisiting all the Decide albums today and these guys are pure class. Death fucking metal all the way through, and their later albums contain some hilariously bad lead playing :lol:

I'm not even that much of a Deicide fan (somehow, dunno how) but even then, I can of course acknowledge that they were deeply influential, this just sounds like everyone else, how unfortunate.
Oh well, at least Australia and New Zealand are reviving Death Metal

You should probably give Legion a go.
Most people rate it as their best, the s/t is catchy as fuck, but Legion is stuffed full of super fucked up angular riffs/solos