O/T New Megadeth

Alright. I've given super collider a few spins now. Some tasty parts here and there. A couple things I've got to respect are firstly Dave's singing. Not his best singing ever but at least he's not trying to do too much with his aged voice. Almost everything is with his "speaking voice" and lower register. He even pulls out some Cookie Monster type vocals on the closing track. I It's painful watching a live show and watch him struggle hitting notes that were once easy for him.

As far as risk is concerned, I still think it sucks. Here's was Wikipedia had to say about it:

Risk, released on August 31, 1999, was both a critical and commercial failure and led to a backlash from many longtime fans.[58][59][60] Although recent Megadeth albums had incorporated mainstream rock elements alongside a more traditional heavy metal sound, Risk was virtually devoid of metal, featuring instead dance, electronica, and disco influences

Good songs from RISK? I'll Be There....I'll Be There...For Youuu...The best singing by Mustaine.

Nope..it has no similarity to V8 in any way...musically, but made to look real bad among TRUE METALHEADS that can't accept anything that is not 'metal'.

Sure...Wikipedia is the only proof you need to stamp down your opinion. No thank you.

You think RISK still sucks? No problemo..

I honestly think Super Collider was a good album. Every single argument I've seen is pretty much "oh it's not Rust In Peace II, it's shit" or something along those lines. Well, get your head out of your ass and realize a band that has been around for 30 years isn't going to constantly produce the same album every two years. Yes, it lacks thrash. Doesn't mean you have to deduct points on the actual music that's presented. Review it to yourself on what it is, not what it isn't (Rust In Peace II, ect). I feel there are a handful of good tracks on this album, yeah obviously I'd like a continuation on Endgame, but we don't have that now do we?
The Tracks I Liked:
Kingmaker
Burn!
Dance in the Rain
Forget to Remember
Don't Turn Your Back...
Cold Sweat (Thin Lizzy cover)
and also the bonus track
A House Divided (Which should have been on the album)

Good songs from RISK? I'll Be There....I'll Be There...For Youuu...The best singing by Mustaine.

Sure...Wikipedia is the only proof you need to stamp down your opinion. No thank you.

You think RISK still sucks? No problemo..

I think Risk was a good album for Radio Rock. Definitely my least favorite Megadeth album but there are a couple songs I liked and I feel are good:
Insomnia
I'll Be There
Prince Of Darkness

The World Needs a Hero is a great album and a great comeback.
Motophsyco
Return To Hangar- useless
When- boring song
Dread In The Fugitive Mind
Silent Scorn

All great songs :tickled:

I'll get pass TWNAH....coz Mustaine came back big time later on.

Well, get your head out of your ass and realize a band that has been around for 30 years isn't going to constantly produce the same album every two years.
The Tracks I Liked:
Kingmaker
Burn!
Dance in the Rain
Forget to Remember
Don't Turn Your Back...
Cold Sweat (Thin Lizzy cover)
and also the bonus track
A House Divided (Which should have been on the album)

I love Megadeth because they manage to pull off all sorts of style & made it right. Still going to give Super Collider a chance.

I think Risk was a good album for Radio Rock. Definitely my least favorite Megadeth album but there are a couple songs I liked and I feel are good:
Insomnia
I'll Be There
Prince Of Darkness
Everything else is good except for The Doctor's Calling.

..and :wave::kickass: to you.

It's amazing the 180 I did from the beginning of this thread to this here second page of it now of my opinion of the latest Megadeth album. Super collider is actually kind of growing on me. I think it's a great album. There are a couple of filler tracks here and there but, really, every Megadeth LP since countdown has had it's share of filler tracks. Stand out tracks for me so far are cold sweat, forget to remember and don't turn your back. Broderick pulls out all sorts of tasty solos all over the record.

My thoughts on Risk on the other hand have not changed. I went back and listened to it again. It's god awful. Synthesizers do not belong on a Megadeth LP. Maybe maybe maybe on an intro, outro or small little part in a song but it should never be used to the extent and as heavy as they did on Risk. If for whatever stupid reason they decided to play Risk in its entirety , they'd have to hire a techno dj or keyboardist or some shit. This LP was Mustaine's blatant attempt to get radio airplay. He's admitted to this in various interviews. Risk always has been and always will be a steaming pile of shit to me.

Back to Super collider, you gotta applaud Mustaine and co for their work ethic of pumping out an album every two years for the past several years. Hardcore Megadeth fans should be delighted about this. And also, I mentioned before, the songs are all written with regards to Mustaine's voice. He doesn't try to sing in high registers at all on the album but you barely even notice it. Should lend a hand in Mustaine when he performs the live nightly in preserving his vocal chords. Recent Megadeth shows I've been too have been harsh in seeing Mustaine struggle with the high notes.

It's amazing the 180 I did from the beginning of this thread to this here second page of it now of my opinion of the latest Megadeth album. Super collider is actually kind of growing on me. I think it's a great album. There are a couple of filler tracks here and there but, really, every Megadeth LP since countdown has had it's share of filler tracks. Stand out tracks for me so far are cold sweat, forget to remember and don't turn your back. Broderick pulls out all sorts of tasty solos all over the record.

What, now I'm going to have to hate the record without hearing it by myself? You sold out! :bah:

Dave Mustaine, in an attempt to sell Gigantour tickets, has tweeted that he might play a Metallica song with Jason Newsted at Gigantour. :lol: While I think this is funny I probably wouldn't mind hearing any of those old songs over anything from 13 or Super Collided.

Although recent Megadeth albums had incorporated mainstream rock elements alongside a more traditional heavy metal sound, Risk was virtually devoid of metal, featuring instead dance, electronica, and disco influences

And what makes anyone think this is wrong? People really need to pull their heads from their asses sometimes.

Dave Mustaine, in an attempt to sell Gigantour tickets, has tweeted that he might play a Metallica song with Jason Newsted at Gigantour. :lol: While I think this is funny I probably wouldn't mind hearing any of those old songs over anything from 13 or Super Collided.

I'm not going to gigantour simply because it has a stupid name. Kidding. They're not coming around my market anyway so fuck it. I'd only go if it was on a mon tues or wed. I'm a bartender in the summer at a popular outdoor bar. Taking off any time between thur and Sunday comes at a premium for me ($500 potential in tips alone). Megadeth is awesome but I've seen them dozens of times. I am thinking of seeing them with maiden in September in North Carolina

i think half the battle is loyalty with heavy metal,i honestly never liked bushthrax that much but just thru being so strong on the band i and probably lot of anthrax fans just went with it just because...,i have never been a fan of megadeth but there legacy is strong and i aplaud mustaine for keeping it going,the even harder part is how the lisntener grows with the artist and that is such a personal thing to say the least,anthrax domne it very well on there last album and it was worth its weight in gold!

After a while, finally got the chance to really sit & listen to the whole album.
Not the greatest from Megadeth, but not the worst.
A good follow up to 13.