Obscure Fusion bands

Inaphyt

Mar 18, 2007
I haven't heard of many, but i love bands that have their own sound and sound nothing alike by incorporating different (UN-metal) genres in their tunes.

Some strange bands.

Sleep terror (jazz, metal)
Ephel duath (jazz,.metal)
The flaming tsunamis (ska, metal)
Behold... the arctopus (Insanity)
Fate (Hip hop, Death metal)
Slipknot (metal, samples)

I'm not interested in bands that are a fusion of Hardcore/thrash/metal blah blah its just not as interesting :Smokin:

I haven't heard of many, but i love bands that have their own sound and sound nothing alike by incorporating different (UN-metal) genres in their tunes.

Some strange bands.

Sleep terror (jazz, metal)

I'm not interested in bands that are a fusion of Hardcore/thrash/metal blah blah its just not as interesting :Smokin:

sleep terror is a technical death metal without vocal... it's not fusion

i guess you must listen Uncle Moe´s Space Ranch and CAB

Sleep terror is not technical "death" metal, It's technical metal with jazz influences, You must misunderstand genres.

There are no blast beats in sleep terror.

Sleep terror have merged jazz and metal in a different way from athiest and cynic. (aka instead of trying to completely merge the genres, putting riffs from both genres in the songs) I think they/he has done a good job.

For a start they use a machine on that album so in actuallity it can't really be called that, secondly i'm still not hearing it.

Coprofago, Tandjent, Periphery / Bulb, Tesseract, Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects, and Textures for some jazz/metal fusion and experimental metal... although Textures isn't as "obscure"..

Subterranean Masquerade

"a unique progressive metal group. . . . They blend prog, jazz and death metal in their sound"

Actually these guys are utterly terrible.

No-one has mentioned Sigh. The only band to ever put a reggae breakdown in a bastardised version of black metal/Iron Maiden and make it work! This stuff is catchy, almost power metal riffs with black metal vocals and heaps of psychadelia from the use of mini-moog and synth.