what are your favorite genres? currently and overall

Jun 18, 2008
latley i have really been into jazz/fusion,and melo death. i like rediscovering old tunes i havent listined to in a good while. i listin to so many genres and its hard to say what i like more than the other but overall here goes

1.punk( i grew up on this shit and feel warm inside whenever i listin to some old school 80's punk- fast and raw rock and roll)

2.classic rock (hendrix = god, sabbath, zeppelin, pink floyd, doors etc...such great stuff)

3.post metal(cant get enough isis etc..)

4.instrumental(rock,post rock, metal, jazz fusion etc)

5.progressive metal( anything new and innovative)

6.melo death/metalcore( shit sounds great and makes you bang your head constantly-great to work out to as well)

7.reggae/ska( good to burn trees to)

i like doom but need to explore that area more...i would also like to start trying to get into thrash. i dont really like death metal or black metal much but some bands are ok...

Black metal is the genre I listen to most, despite the limited selection of BM bands in my collection.

Black metal is the music i listen to predominantly but i listen to alot of thrash and classic metal as well.

All forms of Black Metal, along with some Death Metal, Doom and Thrash, and a handful from other styles.

For non-metal I love Classical music and Classic Rock.

At the moment I'm into black metal, certain rap artists, Tom Petty. certain thrash and tech death artists, Superjoint Ritual and a little bit of Nirvana and GG Allin. But I'm always looking for the next new artist/genre to start listening to. I like all my old stuff fine, but I only find music to be TRULY amazing the first 3 to 50 times I listen to it (and how many times it keeps amazing me is basically my scale for who my favorite artists are.)

Metal:

Black
Thrash
Sludge
Post-Metal
Grindcore
Traditional/NWOBHM
A little bit of death metal...not so much as I used to. I think the only metal genre I'm not too crazy about would be power metal.

Non Metal:
Classic Rock
some Industrial, the harsher sounding stuff like Wumpscut and Das Ich
Post-Rock

I like Melo-Death, Thrash, Power, and Viking Metal. Those are just my main type of metal I listen to. I like it all, but not enough to say I really listen to it.

Black metal and prog (rock and metal) are easily my two favorites. I like bands in every metal genre though and like a lot of classic rock, jazz, classical, and lately some r@b

Old school death, black, thrash, doom, punk, grindcore, and classic rock are my favorites I'd say. I also dig a lot of post-rock.