Oct 3 Metal Jam 2003 has Been Moved to Oct 19

METAL JAM 2003 UPDATE:
WE’VE ADDED A REHEARSAL AND A NEW PERFORMANCE DATE AND TIME
GIVING US ALL MORE TIME TO LEARN OUR PARTS

Greetings, salutations and a huge welcome to all musicians participating in Metal Jam 2003!!! On behalf of the organizers of the show, I'd like to thank everyone who signed up to play and help. With the involvement of so much talent, this should prove to be a very meaningful event for autism awareness.

Unfortunately, Craig, the owner of Kozmos decided to book another act the night of our Unlocking Autism benefit leaving us without a venue at very short notice. We weren’t happy about this and scrambled and pulled as many strings as we could but could not land a venue at such short notice for the same night. Luckily two hearts of gold offered to help…Pam, owner of The Marlin Bar in Huntington Beach offered us another date for the show at her darling “Baja-Style” Bar & Grill w/ new PA, and an angelic soul offered us a place to host a REHEARSAL as scheduled on Friday evening Oct. 3rd. Rescheduling was not something we wanted to do, so with much head-banging, We mean brain-storming, and the generosity of MiniMurray offering up her home for a rehearsal party, we came up with the following solution:

METAL JAM 2003 REHEARSAL FOR PARTICIPATING MUSICIANS
Friday, October 3 @ 7:00 PM until 12:00Midnight
2003 Metal Jam Night REHEARSAL
Location: email brucechickinson@theironmaidens.com for location info
**Participants, please check your email boxes today for more info about the rehearsal. Let us know if you did not recieve the notice.

THE PERFORMANCE:
Sunday, October 19th @ 5:00 PM – 9:30 PM
2003 Metal Jam Night for Unlocking Autisim.org
16651 Gothard St # G, Huntington Beach, CA92647 (714) 842-5587
21 & over, free show, donations taken for unlockingautism.org at the door
Unlocking Autism Pins commemorating the event available for a $5 donation.
Black rock style t-shirts commemorating the event will be available for pre-order at $25 (names of participating bands will be listed on the shirt so please email me the name of your band this week if you want to ensure that it is listed. Thus far, we have all the major participating tribute bands listed).

We understand that this performance date change has thrown us all for a loop and some people may be able to make the rehearsal on the 3rd but not the performance on the 19th, please do still come to the rehearsal and jam out. Many of us have worked hard on our parts so let’s get together and have a good time. If you know for a fact that you can’t make the new performance date, let us know the night of the rehearsal party or you can email us in advance at: brucechickinson@theironmaidens.com and we will try to fill your songs. The rehearsal is the perfect time to discuss tunings, solos and network with other musicians. Please see the attached list of email addresses to contact your song participants in advance if you need to.

Reminders: Please don’t forget to update the new performance date, time & location on all your websites. Thusfar we have 44 confirmed “jammers.”

Again, we'd like to thank everyone for participating in this great cause; we apologize for the inconvenience, and if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact Jeff Fahnestock at drcaligari@charter.net or Jenny Warren at brucechickinson@theironmaidens.com. Some email addresses are missing from the list. If you know how to contact them, please forward this notice and have them contact us ASAP. We’d hate for them not to get the info in time and show up at the wrong place. Thanks to Melanie Sisneros for all her work on the website and to KNAC’s JUNKMAN for offering to MC the event and for Pam at the MARLIN BAR for offering to host it at such short notice and especially to www.unlockingautism.org for offering political and educational hope to the growing list of Autistic children out there who desperately need a cure or at least information about the proper therapy available to them.

We look forward to seeing you all at METAL JAM 2003!!!

Stay heavy, stay hard, and stay real!

Jenny Warren
Jeff Fahnestock
Jam Website: http://raven-mad.com/mel/metaljam2003/

Benefit site: www.unlockingautism.org

CURRENT WEB LISTING OF SONGS (We still have some parts available so go sign up for more!)
Please make sure you are signed up for the songs you are rehearsing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that aren't looking up Mapquest or Yahoo Maps yet, the Marlin Bar can be accessed quickly and easily from the Interstate 405 and exiting either Beach or Warner. Very freeway close. :)

I feel your pain Hobbes! (Not that Tennessee had a raging metal scene either, but Utah is another story...)

I'm glad to see that this was still able to go forward! I know how much people enjoy these jam nights, and good causes need to be supported!

Mr Toast said:
I feel your pain Hobbes! (Not that Tennessee had a raging metal scene either, but Utah is another story...)

I'm glad to see that this was still able to go forward! I know how much people enjoy these jam nights, and good causes need to be supported!

Indeed. Deepest respects, and props to EVERYONE who is particpating in this.

-HobbesDawg