Odyssey question

The album contains three songs and they're heavier than Nightingale, yes. It's a project leaning more towards regular metal, but with some "egyptian" sound thing going on... I think Dan has said that Odyssey might be coming back but with a different line-up or something.

Cerebus said:
The album contains three songs and they're heavier than Nightingale, yes. It's a project leaning more towards regular metal, but with some "egyptian" sound thing going on... I think Dan has said that Odyssey might be coming back but with a different line-up or something.

What he said. It's a good album, and it shows off Dan's voice quite nicely. I suggest you get it.

The Odyssey EP is quite good. Kinda like Dream Theater meets Infernal-era Edge Of Sanity (Dan's songs on the album). Dan's vocals are great on the Odyssey EP, and "Amon Ra" is probably in my top 3 favorite songs of his career. I can't imagine the band with another vocalist, though.

From inlay of cd

"Notes...

Hi there. Dan Swano here!!

You all probably wonder what this is all about??
Well ...it's a project that all came together when Ed asked me to release something on his label. Since I enjoy releasing records, i agreed to put something together for his special occasion. I have known Rick and Kenth for quite some time, and i always wanted to work with them. This was the right time to do it, and here it is ...Odyssey. I just wanted to try to put together some quality heavy music and to use my normal vocals in a more aggressive way than i normally tdo with myown clean vocal projects, This is a "one/off" thing and i hope you all like it

Thanx for your time."

it is a great set of songs...I'd say 'get it'...not sure about the egyptian sound part...but it is definitely heavier and less 80s than Nightingale

I love the Odyssey cd. It took me a while to find it, but I finally did and it's definitely ranks as one of my absolute favorite Swano related projects. Its kind of power metal but a bit heavier in my opinion, and every song is great on there. I'd be quite pleased to hear a full length from them, but particularly if Dan was to lend his vocal talents again.
If you're a true Swano fan and you can find this cd for a reasonable price, I'd definitely recommend picking it up.