Coversong-contest #2 (?)

~nightfall~

The Band called ROCK
Nov 7, 2001
Molde, Norway
not.there.yet
Anyone in for another cover song contest? I know that the Nightingale one are still running, but I`m in the mood of doing some covers of the other Swanö- projects...

So, anyone interested? If so, what project should we go for this time? Personally I would prefer Unicorn or EOS, but it would also be cool to let everyone choose whatever band/project they like.. I guess that`s the only way we can bring projects like Odyssey in to it...

Time to roll up those sleeves one more time! Or what do you say?

Originally posted by Nightfall Overture
...but it would also be cool to let everyone choose whatever band/project they like..

Would anyone care (or dare) to have a go at "Crimson"?;)

The search is on to find a song by Dan I can tie in to "Kulturbidrag" by Dag, because I've been listening to a bit of Tom Nouga stuff today, and I have a violent urge to do a metal version of that song (it's way cool!). An intro to JesuSatan perhaps? :heh: :lol:

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
Would anyone care to download Crimson if someone covered it? :p :D

Hey, we´ve all got cable or broadband, haven´t we?:D

Nightfall Overture: If you lay down the music, I´ll do the vocals.:D

Hey, new idea: all interested parties cover one part of "Crimson" each, we then paste all the parts into one mammoth track (="Crimson"!). Could be kind of trippy, eh?:cool: And as for rules for that "Crimson"-marathon: one exclusive genre/style of music for each part.;)

This time I'm gonna also try something out, some EOS song from Infernal or The Spectral Sorrows... :) This is gonna be cool...

Okay, gonna start recording today and I will record Until Eternity Ends by Edge Of Sanity...The vocals are gonna be hard to do, but let's see :) Too bad the MCD didn't come with lyrics, so I must figure them out also...

EDIT - It seems very hard to figure out all the lyrics...anyone has them? Without lyrics, gotta change the song, damn...

EDIT 2 - Well, gotta change the song, so I'm doing Losing Myself, at least that one has the lyrics in booklet :)

Hi there,
did I say I want to make a brutal one? Must be a lie.... :rolleyes:
I did a part from an "Moontower"-song.
tell me what you think about it.

http://www.cascade-music.de/addreality.mp3

I'm waiting for other entrys. :zzz:

to the song,
it's one of the most personal tracks from Dan I think, and I don't know if it's good to cover that, because of some pretty personal lyrics. Hope it's okay, Dan. :erk:

Heh, I guess I was too early, coz I d/l it 3 times, before I got the whole song, but hey, that was good indeed!! I didn't hurry my cover, cause of my bands recordings, but I think I'm gonna spend a day right now to record it, so I'm in too, soon :)
EDIT - damn, this sure is a great cover, damn =)))

I've been working on my voice in the hopes of emulating the master. I can do a good death growl and my singing voice is coming along, but I can't play any instruments. lol!

I so want to attempt a coversong though.

Ok, I nailed all guitars & drum-progs for Losing Myself, so tomorrow I will record Vocals and bass, let's see if I guts to post it here :)