Take cover!!

how about instead of doing some dan covers, since he has plenty of people to do covers for him, you do some covers of songs that SHOULD have been good, but weren't?

like, obscure shit. think about the last minute and a half of "the world made flesh" by paradise lost. that last part rocks so much, but the songs sucks. imagine if someone made a whole song in the vein of that last part.

or "man on the edge" from iron maiden's non-dickenson albums. man. that singer blew. but the song was good, if someone just did something with it, it could rock.

i think that would be more fun to listen to than playing a cover of a song that already rocks. :)

Hahaha, I like that idea Naglfar, but then people would really hate the covers because many wouldn't agree on what was "coverable" in those terms.

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Hahaha, I like that idea Naglfar, but then people would really hate the covers because many wouldn't agree on what was "coverable" in those terms.

haha yeah! but think about it. the possibilities are endless! you can take like half the shit from paradise lost's first three albums alone and redo it. their first drummer didn't even know how to play the drums, you can just insert a drum machine and all of the sudden the song will rock.

or hell, samael didn't even do decent remasters of their old songs. check out ceremony of opposites on exodus. that fucking song turned into aqua's "barbie world" in the last 2 minutes on the remix. that song deserves a decent goddamn cover, and even the band that wrote it didn't do it justice.

if you want, i could come up with a list of shitty songs that should have been good. i grew up in san juan, puerto rico, and i basically bought whatever metal i could get my hands on, which was very difficult over there, let me tell you. some of what i got is hilariously bad, but most of the early stuff is in that "should have been good, but sucked ass instead because their drummer has down syndrome" category.

i say that last one hand a half minutes (starting around 3:07 in the song) of the world made flesh from paradise lost is the most deserving bit of metal to ever need a cover, without the rest of that shitty song. any man who does this shall truly be metal hero of the highest caliber, and will certainly go to valhalla. :)

mylovedenied said:
Oinkness: HOLY SHIT.

That was amazing!
Thank you. :D

I made it from scratch so that explains why it might be in a different key or have different chords.. :) And its also obviously missing some parts of the song...

Oinkness: Yep, that was actually good and has pretty decent quality.

At the moment I have no idea of which song to cover...so as I said, I play guitar so if anyone needs someone to record guitars for a song, please let me know.

Hey I recorded a little clip of the heavy part of Brave New Hell (you know, Bloodbath) like a month ago...can anyone help me hosting it please?????

Oinkness, really good cover!! I like the chords although they are a bit different. I think I'm going to do something in the same direction for another song. Have to decide...

I use FL Studio 5 for sequencing like midi and stuff like that, but I think I will use Cubase SX or Adobe Audition for recording instruments....

but since I didn't record real instruments....... FL Studio 5

:D

// Oh, and :loco:

It's low quality because I exported it at low quality - I also have a 320 version but that would be darn stupid for me to upload that version!! Lol! I don't have all the space in the world on my ftp. :erk:

Oinkness said:
I use FL Studio 5 for sequencing like midi and stuff like that, but I think I will use Cubase SX or Adobe Audition for recording instruments....

but since I didn't record real instruments....... FL Studio 5

:D

// Oh, and :loco:

It's low quality because I exported it at low quality - I also have a 320 version but that would be darn stupid for me to upload that version!! Lol! I don't have all the space in the world on my ftp. :erk:

It sounded very good.
I missed some vocal performance on it.

But a very impressive piece of work...