Off on hols

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
Didn't want to make a thread on this, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else... I haven't been here much of late, due to being in Tasmania and Echuca. I doubt many people noticed anyway, but there ya go....

Wenny Winmar and I are off to South Africa on Tuesday, and are going to a few places after that. We won't be back in Australia until the end of March, assuming nothing goes wrong, so if I'm not on here much in coming months, that's why....

I'm missing the whole Ashes series, which makes me King Dickhead.

Ooh, I'm going away in less than four weeks. Holidays rule!

See you when you get back, Winnie, and we look forward to having three months worth of threads come back to the front page with a response from you in each one. :)

Hehe I'll try to post here and there when I'm away, but chances are three months' worth will come back to the front page when I get on. :)

Where did he go? Bad things can indeed happen in this part of the world!

I'm still in Namibia. Went down to the beach, which rocked, and also climbed some massive sand dunes. Been drinking a bit of Windhoek Lager, which is very nice.

Hopefully we're off to Zambia tonight....

Haha what song's that to the tune of, Sprucey? :)

I'm kinda doing that route in reverse, southy. We're in Zambia now, and are flying to Tanzania on Wednesday. We're with my Mum, Gran and a few other relatives here near Lusaka, which has been fantastic. Half my family's from here....

What happened to your mate over this way?

He is from Zims, his baggage got 'lost' at Dar es Salaam on the way to Mozambique, got rolled leaving the Airport at Dar, so had no carry on laggage either, lucky they didn't get any cash from him just a back pack or something. Then had to get from Dar to Harrare, through to JoBerg in SA, poor cunt, 22 out on the trip of a lifetime, and that happened, and he was solo too. Stilkl fighting with travel insurance 5 months later about it all, but his bag turned up in UAE last month :headbang:

Farkin' hell, that sounds awful. :( He was very unlucky twice, poor bugger. Good to hear his luggage turned up eventually though! How on earth it ended up in UAE is anyone's guess....

We're in Dar es Salaam now. It's different here, to say the least! Reminds me of Jakarta and Malaysia. We'll hopefully make it over to Zanzibar tomorrow.

Dar has a pretty mixed population. Mostly black, but there are lots of arabs there too.... We're possibly gonna fly straight to Mombasa from here (Zanzibar), so might avoid going to Dar again. We watched our backs when we were there, and didn't go out after dark etc.

Zanzibar is very nice. It's a lot like Indonesia, only with Africans instead of Indonesians. Lots of alleys in town, and tropical trees etc out of town. Went on a spice tour a few days ago, which was cool. Fuck it's fucking hot here though.