Off-topic funny.....funny movie

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
My kids watch a bunch of animated movies. Some are surprisingly good, but few are any that I personally would want to watch again for myself. One exception is a movie called "The Croods." They are a family of cave people from pre-historic times. It is very oldschool slapstick type comedy and there were parts in that movie where I just couldn't stop laughing. It took two watches (my kids watch movies over and over) for it to hit me, but I probably wasn't paying much attention the first time. Check it out if you want to see a funny movie.

Bryant

Since I don't have kids, and considering the way movie industry (from USA) behaves lately, I started to really hate so many animated crap coming time and again from Pixar, Walt Disney and so. Said that I enjoyed "Monster Inc", "Despicable Me", and I love "Wall-E".

Now for funny movies (my way) I rather go with English comedies like "Snatch", "RocknRolla", "Mean Machine", "Scenes Of A Sexual Nature", "Shawn Of The Dead", "The Full Monty".

Also the great pictures of Wes Anderson, the guy is a genius: "The Royal Tenenbaums", "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou", "The Grand Budapest Hotel" to quote a few.

BTW, in the animation department check (without the kids) "The Haunted World of El Superbeasto".

Since I don't have kids, and considering the way movie industry (from USA) behaves lately, I started to really hate so many animated crap coming time and again from Pixar, Walt Disney and so. Said that I enjoyed "Monster Inc", "Despicable Me", and I love "Wall-E".

Wall-E made me want to laugh, cry, jump up and down etc. Great movie. I also really liked Despicable Me as well. Monsters Inc. a little less, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.
Having said that, The Croods is different. It is slapstick comedy, like old Looney Tunes or something.

Bryant

One exception is a movie called "The Croods." They are a family of cave people from pre-historic times. It is very oldschool slapstick type comedy and there were parts in that movie where I just couldn't stop laughing. It took two watches (my kids watch movies over and over) for it to hit me, but I probably wasn't paying much attention the first time. Check it out if you want to see a funny movie.

Bryant

Thanks for the tip Bryant. I'll check it out.

My kids watch a bunch of animated movies. Some are surprisingly good, but few are any that I personally would want to watch again for myself. One exception is a movie called "The Croods." They are a family of cave people from pre-historic times. It is very oldschool slapstick type comedy and there were parts in that movie where I just couldn't stop laughing. It took two watches (my kids watch movies over and over) for it to hit me, but I probably wasn't paying much attention the first time. Check it out if you want to see a funny movie.

Bryant

I saw that with my wife & grandson a year ago, Laughed out loud.. So did the audience..