Shell Shock (Manowar)
Gloves of Metal (Manowar)
Blood of My Enemies (Manowar)
Kill with Power (Manowar)
Thor (the Powerhead) (Manowar)
Fighting the World (Manowar)
Hail & Kill (Manowar)
Battle Hymns (Manowar)

Very cool, esp most of those aren't regular stapes in MANOWAR's set these days. I know you wanted feedback in that other thread, so I will provide it here.

I am a pretty long time Manowar fan, dating back to about the late 90s when I first was getting into them. To be honest, Manowar is one of those bands with such a notorious singer, who has been the permanent voice of the band since inception. Therefore, anything less would come off to me as karaoke.

Still a cool booking, considering RTB doesn't play very often. Definitely something unique for the Manowar fans.

Nocturnal Rites seriously did NOT play Avalon???? Epic fail!!!!!!!!

No Still Alive either. But not an epic fail. Nocturnal Rites needs 90 minutes to cover all their killer songs.

According to setlist.fm, here are the rest of the setlists:

ILLUSION SUITE
Scarlet Skies
The Wire
Once We Were Here
The Passage
A Ghost From the Past

BLACKGUARD
Allegiance
In Time
The Sword
Cinder
The Fallen
The Last We Wage
Scarlet to Snow
Farewell
This Round's on Me

LEAVES' EYES
Njord
My Destiny
Emerald Isle
Take the Devil in Me
Ragnarok
Elegy
Frøya's Theme

OCEANS OF SADNESS
Subconscious
Between The Lines
From Then On
For When You Sleep, My Love
Accepting Our Weakness
In the End
Some Things Seem So Easy
Roulette

Oceans of Sadness made excellent choices from their newer material in their setlist. I was seriously not expecting to hear "Some Things Seem So Easy," as it's different from their more aggressive songs...but it was such a highlight. Love it.

Ross the Boss
Wednesday, 9/08/2010

Blood of Knives (RTB)
Death & Glory (RTB)
Death Tone (Manowar)
Shell Shock (Manowar)
God of Dying (RTB)
Gloves of Metal (Manowar)
We Will Kill (RTB)
Dead Man's Curve (RTB)
GGG (RTB)
Blood of My Enemies (Manowar)
Kill with Power (Manowar)
Thor (the Powerhead) (Manowar)

Encore:
Fighting the World (Manowar)
Hail & Kill (Manowar)
Battle Hymns (Manowar)

----

RTB - denotes a "Ross the Boss" original song
Manowar - denotes a Manowar song

Great!
Just freakin' great, not only do I wanna hang my head in shame & kicking myself in the ass for missing
Hammerfall & Accept, now I'm just sayin' D'OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
for missing some of my fave Manowar tunes w/ Ross The Boss!!!

*Holds & Waves Fist @ The Sky In Anger* DAMN YOU PROGPOWER!!! DAMN YOU!!!:cry:

:) Just to give a brief explanation, *all* bands on the roster must consent..

~Jen

Couldn't you just leave the bands that didn't consent out of the video? I missed most of Seventh Wonder's set standing in line for the Delain signing and would really, REALLY like to see those brought-the-house-down crazy performances that everyone's raving about.

Also, those DelainxMarco duets have only ever been performed once before live, so it'd be amazing to have them on video!

I think the Tarot setlist is incomplete, I know for sure they played Crawlspace.
They also did a cover of Blue Oyster Cult's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" which was on the "Fire Of Unknown Origin" lp and was co-written by Michael Moorcock (and was featured in the 1981 movie "Heavy Metal")

They also did a cover of Blue Oyster Cult's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" which was on the "Fire Of Unknown Origin" lp and was co-written by Michael Moorcock (and was featured in the 1981 movie "Heavy Metal")

And not counting Ross the Boss, I'm pretty certain it was the only cover of the weekend.

Leprous set list:

1. Forced entry (new song)
2. Phantom Pain
3. Dare you
4. Black Stains
5. Indifference (new song)
6. White
7. Restless (new song)
8. Passing

OCEANS OF SADNESS
Subconscious
Between The Lines
From Then On
For When You Sleep, My Love
Accepting Our Weakness
In the End
Some Things Seem So Easy
Roulette

Oceans of Sadness made excellent choices from their newer material in their setlist. I was seriously not expecting to hear "Some Things Seem So Easy," as it's different from their more aggressive songs...but it was such a highlight. Love it.

I was excited too. I was taking with the guys the night before and they kept saying it was going to be a heavy set. I never though I'd hear Subconscious live, let alone to have them open with it! Be still my heart. Although I was kind of hoping to hear Re-Erased and Self-Fulfulling Prophecy... I'm not going to bitch at all.

-Metal

:) Just to give a brief explanation, *all* bands on the roster must consent..

~Jen
I remember you saying this when we were talking once this weekend, Jen, but then I thought about ProgPower VIII when both Sonata Arctica and Virgin Steele played, but neither chose to participate in the DVD that year. I didn't think they were recorded at all, so I didn't think it was a matter of them changing their minds after the video was shot.

Have the rules changed since then, or was there some other factor that allowed those bands to opt out and the others to participate in that DVD shoot?

I only ask because, like so many others, I would have really loved to have a small piece of the bands' performances from this year to re-watch. The memories are great, but going back and watching the DVDs from the past ProgPowers always means so much. Not to mention, the DVDs have allowed me to share a small bit of of the special nature of ProgPower with friends, some of whom have since then become attendees.