OFFICAL Setlist Thread

aside from band consent, I would think that with 10 being 200 tix away from a sellout, it wasn't in the cards money-wise to pay to have it filmed, edited, mastered and produced.

aside from band consent, I would think that with 10 being 200 tix away from a sellout, it wasn't in the cards money-wise to pay to have it filmed, edited, mastered and produced.
ProgPower X did have a DVD. If you are suggesting that the ticket sales of PP X affected the decision to have a DVD for PP XI, that seems possible, although I thought that the DVD was (at least partially) paid for by pre-sales for that particular DVD at the festival it was being filmed. Granted, given how long it took to put out the PP X DVD, it wouldn't surprise me if there was concern that anyone would actually pre-order a DVD this year at all (when they could just as easily buy it at the fest next year and not pay for shipping).

If it was a financial concern that lead to the decision, I can completely understand that. What confuses me is that it's always addressed as "all bands must consent," but that doesn't seem to have been the case in past years and I was just wondering why the change occurred (or if there is something different about the situation in a past year), especially since so many people seem to be willing to purchase a DVD even if 1 or 2 bands were to choose to opt out.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the set list thread, but this question about the DVD has been something that has been bugging me all week.

They also did a cover of Blue Oyster Cult's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" which was on the "Fire Of Unknown Origin" lp and was co-written by Michael Moorcock (and was featured in the 1981 movie "Heavy Metal")

NOOO!!! NOOOO!!!
NO WAY?!!
My band, The Velveeta Brothers, we do a very cool More Metalled out
(sans keyboards!)
cover Of Blue Oyster Cult's "Veteran Of The Psychic Wars" as well!!! :headbang:
B.O.C. was always one of my faves from WAY back in the day!!!
Absolutely LOVE the Fire Of Unknown Origin album!!!
I always, & still wanna cover Joey Bouchard's song "Vengeance:The Pact"!!! :kickass:

ProgPower X did have a DVD. If you are suggesting that the ticket sales of PP X affected the decision to have a DVD for PP XI, that seems possible, although I thought that the DVD was (at least partially) paid for by pre-sales for that particular DVD at the festival it was being filmed. Granted, given how long it took to put out the PP X DVD, it wouldn't surprise me if there was concern that anyone would actually pre-order a DVD this year at all (when they could just as easily buy it at the fest next year and not pay for shipping).

If it was a financial concern that lead to the decision, I can completely understand that. What confuses me is that it's always addressed as "all bands must consent," but that doesn't seem to have been the case in past years and I was just wondering why the change occurred (or if there is something different about the situation in a past year), especially since so many people seem to be willing to purchase a DVD even if 1 or 2 bands were to choose to opt out.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the set list thread, but this question about the DVD has been something that has been bugging me all week.

You're reading too much into it. :) All bands on the roster must consent to have their set recorded and put to DVD. Not all of the bands consented this year. It's that simple.

~Jen

She isn't really reading too much into it. That wasn't the rule in the past. If it is now, that's cool.

I was the one that told Miel about the need for all bands to consent. However, I did not clarify my remark as it's not something I wish to discuss in public. It is simply not financially feasible to shoot the dvd without all bands participating in the shoot now along with various things that I will not go into.

Kamelot special guests
Rule the World
Ghost Opera
The Great Pandemonium
The Human Stain
Center of the Universe
Sailorman's Hymn (Duet: Michael Erikson of Circus Maximus and Elize Ryd of Amaranthe)
Nights of Arabia
When the Lights are Down
The Haunting (with guest vocalist, Charlotte Wessels of Delain)
Hunter's Season
Eden Echo
Forever

--------------
The Black Halo
Karma (with guest vocalist, Jake E of Amaranthe)
March of Mephisto

~Jen

I may be mistaken...but I recall Tommy Karevik singing EdenEcho. Anyone else remember?