Official Fate of The Norns release

Celtik Militia

Dumb French Bastard
Aug 12, 2004
Paris
Yesterday was the official date for the release of our favorite band's album. For those of you who haven't downloaded it before buying it, like me, whats ur first impression about this release? Does it live up to your expectations?
where would you situate it in level of masterpiece compared to the previous AA albums?:p is the artwork satisfying?
sorry about all these questions, its just so awsome, a new AA album in stores!!! :headbang:

and by the way, the limited edition can just be found in any music store which sells AA, that is if u moove ur ass and get the album fast!.. so all that stuff about preordering it got me kinda scared :loco: cause i didnt... but i got that edition so no pb!

Well, I put a copy on hold at my local music store, and they didn't get any limited editions in, but I bought it anyways, being impatient and all. I'll just get the limited ed. somewhere else.

Being that I just got it today, I don't have anything particularly insightful to say about the album as a whole at the moment, but Arson is definitely the standout track for me, and I really like how they made it a two-part story with Once Sealed in Blood. How about closing a show with Arson, then coming back with Once Sealed for the encore? That would be fucking cool.

On another note, I remember somebody in here talking about a conversation they had a while back with Olli after a show (maybe in Florida?) about this album, and he was raving about this one song they had written, how it had to be their best song to date, does anybody else remember that? I'm really curious to know which song it is.

I like it. Seems to be a mix between crusher and Vs. the world. How they did the two part song was amazing, I hope they have a third song that closes the song up a bit more. Good CD overall. A strong release like all their other releases.

got it today....

Ancient sign of coming storm- good track. great sound for a first track to start off the album. gonna be a crusher for shows opening up with this, im hyped up for them to come just to see how crazy the pit gets at the final riffs of the song.

Where Death seems to dwell- wow.... draaaaaaaaaag. i wasnt into this song at all. picks up at the end but i still wasnt to fond of it. maybe i need to listen to it more to feel it. i didnt like where silent gods stand guard at first either... and this seems to be of the same mood.

Fate Of Norns- my favorite track. what can i say? this song will be in my head for years to come. gotta love that melody in the chorus...

pursuit of vikings- i dont remember this track... lemme see... oh ya. pretty groovy stuff. and stuff.... =\

valkyries ride- mid paced war crushing song. has the same effect on me as the Avenger track did. funny though... before i herd it i thought it sound like the type of song you would ride too... and then i read what song it was and i was like... no shit?... w/e

Beheading of a king- this almost reminds me of one the tracks on sttnw. but i cant remember what it was. i havent listened to that album in forever. i think im thinkin of arrival of a fimbul winter. but yeah... this track was kinda dragging to me though. he jams one riff down your throat most the song... like bloodshed almost. i think its second weakest track on album. (i may need to listen to it again...)

Arson-fuckin epic shit here. this track is the equivelent of victorious march/amon amarth the song. Seems alot like the two of them were in mind while making this one.

once sealed in blood- fast one. kinda. again the osftgh sound to it. kool track. ya ya two parter like everyone said blah blah blah what more can i say?

in all i dont know what to say. has some good tracks on here. but this has got to be the first aa album where i have not liked every song on the album. musicly it sounds like they coulda added so much more to atleast half the tracks. almost as if they were in a hurry to just release the cd. and also. i think the production quality sucks. it sounds so empty. its either that or its the rythm section i cant tell. theres usualy alot more low end bass roughness underneath it all. i dont hear it at all on this. if i listen to crusher or avenger... then i put on fate of norns. it just doesnt sound like the same quality. but beside that even. theres only 3 songs on this album that make it all worth it for me. fate of norns, valkyries ride, and arson. ima just hope it sounds better when i see them on tour. alot of times that makes a difference for me. i see it live then its stuck in my head cuz i was forced to listen to it at 29939438 decibles so its jammed into my brain far enough that i HAVE to like it. but whatever. i think its there weakest release. come tomorrow i may have a different opinion.

DemonsAndLies666 said:
got it today....

Ancient sign of coming storm- good track. great sound for a first track to start off the album. gonna be a crusher for shows opening up with this, im hyped up for them to come just to see how crazy the pit gets at the final riffs of the song.

Where Death seems to dwell- wow.... draaaaaaaaaag. i wasnt into this song at all. picks up at the end but i still wasnt to fond of it. maybe i need to listen to it more to feel it. i didnt like where silent gods stand guard at first either... and this seems to be of the same mood.

Fate Of Norns- my favorite track. what can i say? this song will be in my head for years to come. gotta love that melody in the chorus...

pursuit of vikings- i dont remember this track... lemme see... oh ya. pretty groovy stuff. and stuff.... =\

valkyries ride- mid paced war crushing song. has the same effect on me as the Avenger track did. funny though... before i herd it i thought it sound like the type of song you would ride too... and then i read what song it was and i was like... no shit?... w/e

Beheading of a king- this almost reminds me of one the tracks on sttnw. but i cant remember what it was. i havent listened to that album in forever. i think im thinkin of arrival of a fimbul winter. but yeah... this track was kinda dragging to me though. he jams one riff down your throat most the song... like bloodshed almost. i think its second weakest track on album. (i may need to listen to it again...)

Arson-fuckin epic shit here. this track is the equivelent of victorious march/amon amarth the song. Seems alot like the two of them were in mind while making this one.

once sealed in blood- fast one. kinda. again the osftgh sound to it. kool track. ya ya two parter like everyone said blah blah blah what more can i say?

in all i dont know what to say. has some good tracks on here. but this has got to be the first aa album where i have not liked every song on the album. musicly it sounds like they coulda added so much more to atleast half the tracks. almost as if they were in a hurry to just release the cd. and also. i think the production quality sucks. it sounds so empty. its either that or its the rythm section i cant tell. theres usualy alot more low end bass roughness underneath it all. i dont hear it at all on this. if i listen to crusher or avenger... then i put on fate of norns. it just doesnt sound like the same quality. but beside that even. theres only 3 songs on this album that make it all worth it for me. fate of norns, valkyries ride, and arson. ima just hope it sounds better when i see them on tour. alot of times that makes a difference for me. i see it live then its stuck in my head cuz i was forced to listen to it at 29939438 decibles so its jammed into my brain far enough that i HAVE to like it. but whatever. i think its there weakest release. come tomorrow i may have a different opinion.

Totally agree with you on everything you've stated above.

BTW, Mortician and Vehemence are coming to Tampa on the 26th of this month I think.

is there a website i can get this limited edition release on? I havnt found shit, and its basically impossible for me to get this at my local cd store cos i dont have one! I live 3 hours away from the closest city. Anyway tomasz you know of any websites to get this fucker?

Just got it (finally!) but it's only the regular version. I can't believe they didn't have the bonus. So far it doesn't sound that different from the leaked version, but it still rocks. Nice to see some lyrcis though! Turns out I really butchered a few lines here and there...

fuck yeah im gonna have to go to that show. i need to stock up on mortician shit... i lost most my cds =\. Vehemence... i dont know what they did... first album crushed.... i dont know what the fuck they were thinking when they made the second one... it didnt even sound like vehemence. but ya im gonna go... and stuff....
=\

So I've got it !!!

The special edition came in specially for me at the record store....must say 14 euro's is not bad...especially if you know the guys who work there :D

Anyway sounds killer...the mix is much much better than the promo...
but did'nt we expect that already !!! :kickass: :headbang:

ive got the limited edition, great live consert :)
overall, i like the album alot, but as all new things, you learn to listen to it, and like it more after that.

Pretty "calm" (or how do you call it?) album, one song that is pretty fast though.
I like it! :cool:

i bought it on monday, sound is good-more brightness compared to the promo. but i liked this "warm" sound on the promo as well...but it doesnt fit that much to AA. the bass sound is nice! layout is ok. at least no cheesy cover anymore. havent checked out the dvd due to no dvd player, but you should get it and BUY IT!!
saw vs. limited on german ebay already for 30eu....so hurry up with FON.