Official Off Topic Thread

wow that was really good! Great movie and a great song cut together in a most awesome fashion

only thing I didn't like were the weird flashes of colour which looked a bit silly

OMG finally I actually just played my first show. I must say that it went quite nicely and people recieved it well. However, I personally think it was horrible for these 5 reasons:

1. My guitar tone was HORRIBLE because I was borrowing another band's amp.
2. My drummer screwed up quite a few parts and lost about 3 drumsticks in the process.
3. My 6 string guitar goes badly out of tune easily for no apparent reason...
4. The strap on my 7-string came loose and I ended up screwing up a few parts because my stupid guitar was too low to play the faster notes.
5. I felt like crap because apparently energy drinks do the opposite of intended to me... I had almost no energy up there.

Why the hell did people like it so much then???

(It's a mystery.)

OMG finally I actually just played my first show. I must say that it went quite nicely and people recieved it well. However, I personally think it was horrible for these 5 reasons:

2. My drummer screwed up quite a few parts and lost about 3 drumsticks in the process.
4. The strap on my 7-string came loose and I ended up screwing up a few parts because my stupid guitar was too low to play the faster notes.
5. I felt like crap because apparently energy drinks do the opposite of intended to me... I had almost no energy up there.

(It's a mystery.)

Did you win the thingy, or was this something else?

(It's a mystery.)

Yeah, I've had bad shows also. (Actually, only one of my 4 shows that I've played yet was bad, but I'm sure more are to come. :cry:) My second show went really bad because the place we played at always makes bands use their house cabs if you have a stack, and the stage is too small for a Prog Metal band to play on (since almost all Prog Metal bands have Keyboardists, and our keyboardist's setup was bigger than teh stage.) and I had to stand literally on top of the monitor which caused my amp to feed back, but everyone still loved us.
You know what's really good at making me feel infinitely good about shows? MY BIRTH CONTROL PANTS!! :lol:

About the energy drinks--you don't think you have ADHD, do you? If you do, it's possible for caffeine to have the opposite effect and make you sleepy or at least slowed down.

Ugh, I feel terrible today. Not only did those energy drinks and mountain dews screw me up, but I also feel horribly sick right now.
About the energy drinks--you don't think you have ADHD, do you? If you do, it's possible for caffeine to have the opposite effect and make you sleepy or at least slowed down.
I don't have adhd, But I do think I might have Asperger's syndrome. Although, I doubt that would affect me.
Montu Sekhmet said:
Did you win the thingy, or was this something else?
Nah, this was a coffee house. The battle of the bands is next Friday, so now we know what not to do on stage and how to prepare better.

(It's a mystery.)

A mate of mine had really bad trouble with his strap once. It just kept coming off and he had to play on his knee for a whole song. Surprisingly enough (well not surprisingly if u know him) he didnt stuff up even though it happened in solos. He also loses picks, but makes do with tapping until he can bum one from the audience, and still plays flawlessly. The one time when he did make a notable mistake was mid-song changing from acoustic-electric to electric........ he pulled the lead out of the acoustic and grabbed his electric, but forgot to jack in so he was wondering why he wasnt getting any sound :lol:. Mistakes arent always bad, so dont worry. As long as u can get a laugh out of them they are sometimes better than playing flawlessly.

I had movie night tonight with some friends. Every saturday we have it. Quite fun.

And in 2 weeks, we're watching Score for movie night. :lol:

A mate of mine had really bad trouble with his strap once. It just kept coming off and he had to play on his knee for a whole song. Surprisingly enough (well not surprisingly if u know him) he didnt stuff up even though it happened in solos. He also loses picks, but makes do with tapping until he can bum one from the audience, and still plays flawlessly. The one time when he did make a notable mistake was mid-song changing from acoustic-electric to electric........ he pulled the lead out of the acoustic and grabbed his electric, but forgot to jack in so he was wondering why he wasnt getting any sound :lol:. Mistakes arent always bad, so dont worry. As long as u can get a laugh out of them they are sometimes better than playing flawlessly.

3 words for your guitarist - Dunlop strap locks......

One of the funniest things I ever witnessed was at a Mike Keneally show from Lincoln Nebraska when Mike was trying to tune between songs, but didn't notice his Whammy pedal was on..... :lol:

J-Dubya

no self respecting musician playing live would go on without STRAP LOCKS. get them now. as soon as you do, you will slap yourself in the face and buy them for all your guitars.

as for gigs, i don't try to impress people. i just get pumped to get out there and rip, and that is what brings me up. no caffeine necessary.

He's already lost my interest. Besides, my money will be spent on Immortal in LA, Wacken Open Air, and a special event that takes place somewhere for the two days prior to Immortal in LA ;) I'm sure it'll be announced soon.