Official RC Snobby Beer Purchases Thread

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
i'm tired of tracking down doomcifer and other's beer purchases so let's see if this one will remain like, centralized or something.

unibroue terrible, dark ale on lees:
68970.jpg

st. peter's old style porter:
old_style_porter.jpg

thames welsh ESB:
esb.jpg

i've had the st. peter's before and remember liking it (don't remember the flavor much though), and unibroue is an EXCELLENT brewer so i have high hopes for that one, and i've never had any thames brews before but it's worth a shot because ESBs aren't exactly easy to find out here. been foggy all day, will be a great night for a porter. :headbang:

oh yeah and i had a rogue shakespeare stout a few nights ago. it was pretty okay, but hardly anything special. actually i've found most rogue beers to be that way, all of them are above average but never amazing. well, except dead guy ale which is fookin ace.

I tried Monty Python's Holy grAIL (ha!) a few days ago, + a hobgoblin + fuller's london porter + samuel smith oatmeal stout (again! it rules!)

mmm... beer

Sweet thread NAD!

Tonight I bought a 4-pack of the God's nectar a.k.a. Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA...a staple in my repetoire. Also, a 22 oz. of Stone Ruination IPA, a 6-pack of Weybacher Rasberry-infused Imperial Stout (AWESOME), and 6-pack of Samuel Adams Cream Stout. :kickass:

dude you have such a great selection of sam adams back there, out here everybody carries boston lager but the other stuff is like finding a 25 year old virgin prostitute.
Demilich said:
I tried Monty Python's Holy grAIL (ha!) a few days ago, + a hobgoblin + fuller's london porter + samuel smith oatmeal stout (again! it rules!)
dude you're on an excellent path right here! fuller's and sam smith are two of my favorite breweries.

the st. peter's was very good, and so is watching curb your enthusiasm with a moderate buzz. :kickass:

god damn nad said:
dude you have such a great selection of sam adams back there, out here everybody carries boston lager but the other stuff is like finding a 25 year old virgin prostitute.

LOL...really? We got Sam Adams Bostone Lager, Boston Ale, Pale Ale, Black Lager, Cream Stout, Octoberfest, Summer Ale, Winter Lager, Cherry Wheat, Hefeweizen, ... and more depending on time of year...

It depends on the liquor store you go to though. Usually, they only carry 3 or maybe 4. The one I go to, for the most part, though is amazing so they carry most.

god damn nad said:
the st. peter's was very good, and so is watching curb your enthusiasm with a moderate buzz. :kickass:

cool, my liquor store carries a few of those guys' shitz.

NAD, have you tried Wellington or Creemore Springs breweries? some locals from up here that are supposed to be good

Doomcifer said:
LOL...really? We got Sam Adams Bostone Lager, Boston Ale, Pale Ale, Black Lager, Cream Stout, Octoberfest, Summer Ale, Winter Lager, Cherry Wheat, Hefeweizen, ... and more depending on time of year...

It depends on the liquor store you go to though. Usually, they only carry 3 or maybe 4. The one I go to, for the most part, though is amazing so they carry most.
have never seen black lager, cream stout, or the hef, even at the good liquor store down here. dammit! :lol:
Demilich said:
cool, my liquor store carries a few of those guys' shitz.

NAD, have you tried Wellington or Creemore Springs breweries? some locals from up here that are supposed to be good
never heard of them. only way to find out is try! :headbang:

that's how i find new beers, i go to good liquor stores and just buy whatever i haven't tried yet.

st. peters: excellent porter, not too strong and doesn't fall under the too many flavoUrs stereotype that can happen. was very even and gave a good buzz.

unibroue terrible: was NOT terrible, was very good. not as good as their maudite, but had a very distinct character not unlike a nosy brown ale, but at the same time falling closer to the realm of a dark lager. good, but not worth the $8 i paid for it.

thames ESB: pretty meh to be quite honest. it was good, but i only noticed that i enjoyed it once i was getting a bit shnockered, so that doesn't count for much. even though it's a bitter, it was a bit too bitter, as i prefer my bitters not so bitter (how many more times can i saw the word BITTER in that sentence?). was still good, but not a good way to finish the eve, which is why i'm drinking whisky and cola right now RRRRRAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!1111

primus blasting, slough feg on tap. :kickass:

f1k60l.jpg

Flying Dog - Snake Dog IPA

I know little about beer in general so don't bitch at me for bad taste :p

flying dog = GOOD SHIT.

i had a stone IPA last night. also a redstripe. and that's it.

Yeah it was weird, my first IPA. I really have never tasted anything like it, ever and I've drank a shitload of beer (however, a shitload of shitty beer.)

IPA is on the extreme side of beerland. very bold and can turn off normal phillistines who enjoy shit like butt light. that makes it better than usual. :Spin: