Official RC Snobby Beer Purchases Thread

so... this is beer.

3pistoles-medaillon.gif
fin-medaillon.gif

I bought one of each and I'm going to try them out later this evening.

I believe our Quebecois friend Asmodus recommended these ones before once.

I drove around to 5 liquor stores and not a goddamned one of them had Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, so I had to settle for the Samuel Adams Winter Collection mixed pack.

Came with 2 each of:
Boston Lager
Black Lager
Winter Lager
Old Fezziwig Ale
Cranberry Lambic
Holiday Porter

MajestikMøøse said:
so... this is beer.

3pistoles-medaillon.gif
fin-medaillon.gif

I bought one of each and I'm going to try them out later this evening.

I believe our Quebecois friend Asmodus recommended these ones before once.
if you like those, make sure to try their Maudite. EXCELLENT beer, very complex with all kinds of things going on.

last night we found a british pub that even served proper pints. :kickass:

had some Old Speckled Hen, Boddington's, and... oh a Sam Adams Dark Lager which was pretty boring like most dark lagers. oh and at another bar had a Belhaven. good shit.

So, coming back from my favorite place...

Six pack of Avery Out of Bounds Stout

64.jpg

24 oz. Samuel Adams Imperial Pilsner Special Edition 2005 Harvest

52723.jpg

Single of Dogfish Head Au Courant

27729.jpg

Single of Z Street Mocha Java Stout

769.jpg

Single of Sam Adams Cream Stout

162.jpg

i think the only thing that can rival doomcifer's taste in music is his taste in beer. :Spin:

Dude, that Samuel Adams Imperial Pilsner is hop-fucking-licious!!! I was completely FLOORED by the hop signature. It was even more hoppier than STONE's Ruination, believe it or not!!! Probably THE best Samuel Adams beer I have ever had the pleasure of having.

Doomcifer said:
Dude, that Samuel Adams Imperial Pilsner is hop-fucking-licious!!! I was completely FLOORED by the hop signature. It was even more hoppier than STONE's Ruination, believe it or not!!! Probably THE best Samuel Adams beer I have ever had the pleasure of having.
wow, will have to try that one.

we were discussing Stone last night, talking about how awesome they are but not for casual beer drinkers. my buddy had one of their Double Bastards a week ago, he said it was ridiculous. also, the label is pretty ace:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/special/doublebastard/DoubleBastard2001.gif

edit: stupid too big, click the link or something.

if i ever find those crazy Dogfish Head IPAs out here, i want to line then up with some Stone brews and a Marin County Double IPA to see who shall win the HOPS CROWN.

Sexy Little Otter said:
if i ever find those crazy Dogfish Head IPAs out here, i want to line then up with some Stone brews and a Marin County Double IPA to see who shall win the HOPS CROWN.

Dogfish 90-Minute IPA is THE Nectar of The Gods. Im serious. It's so good, it's addicting. And with a 9% punch, you'll pass out before you know it, LOL.

I haven;t tried the 120-Minute yet because it is fucking $8 per 12oz bottle! It is something like 21% or some shit though!!!!! Fuckin' A!!!

Doomcifer said:
Come to think of it...I can send you one. I know peeps do it ALL the time.
whoa, really? dude i'd forever be your gayslave if you did that! or at least for like an hour or two. :loco:

@icono: you have a place to crash, as long as you bring some beer. :D