Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

Bringing this back. No one ever talks about Gamma Ray! This is the new song from the new album that isn't out yet, but its on Master of Confusion, which just came out, and I've been spinning it pretty hard. This bodes well for the new album is all I'm saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

My album of the year so far, this is so far beyond amazing. I'm a sucker for full symphony orchestras in anything, but hearing it combined so well with death metal on "Omega Arcane" is something else. This whole album is a work of art, and even though the year is young, this is going to be a high bar for any other band to beat when the time comes to tally up my year-end list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FParQ6iBJI

My album of the year so far, this is so far beyond amazing. I'm a sucker for full symphony orchestras in anything, but hearing it combined so well with death metal on "Omega Arcane" is something else. This whole album is a work of art, and even though the year is young, this is going to be a high bar for any other band to beat when the time comes to tally up my year-end list.
I stumbled upon this band last night, listened to the first track last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I need to give the whole thing a proper spin, but this thing has some serious potential.

Bringing this back. No one ever talks about Gamma Ray! This is the new song from the new album that isn't out yet, but its on Master of Confusion, which just came out, and I've been spinning it pretty hard. This bodes well for the new album is all I'm saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmgpr6dp8gU

I wish Kai could come up with some fresh ideas. I swear I've heard that main riff somewhere before.

I'm probably gonna get some hate for this, but I think this song kicks ass:

I'll give it this much: it doesn't suck. I had absolutely the LOWEST of expectations for this record, and from all the samples I have heard it IS better than I had thought it would be......

Great tune off of the new concept album "Selling The Aggression" by The Aurora Project. Was actually hoping to post the song "Speeding Up Of Time" but this was the only one up on the Youtube.

Credit to Jimmy/Falcon on this one...

A myriad of influences from various genres = kick ass Metal. The guitar player is a beast and I love the style of vocals.

Although it doesn't come out for a few more weeks, from what I've heard so far the new Dark Tranquility is going to be killer!

So, seems like my post last week might have got lost in the mix, so hopefully it is ok that I post a different song from the new Summoning album. This album didn't leave my cd player in the car for a week, and was the only thing I listened to at home.

I can't see anything topping this album for me this year, except for maybe the new Ayreon album if it comes out this year. This is Earthshine, the closing song from the album Old Morning's Dawn: