Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

Unfortunately, the only YouTube clip I could find was the entire album. I was trying to a link to the the title track, which happens to be the first song.

It reminds me of My Dying Bride with a bit of the same sensibilities Riverside draw from. I love how impassioned the vocals are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newer supergroup that features Thin Lizzy Guitarist Scott Gorham, Damon Johnson (Brother Cane) on lead guitar, Marco Mendoza (Blue Murder) on bass guitar, with Ricky Warwick (The Almighty) acting as vocalist and occasional guitarist. The band's drummer will be Jimmy DeGrasso (White Lion, Y&T, Megadeth etc). I've always been a big Thin Lizzy fan and this reeks of classic rock through and through. Even the vocals remind me of Phil Lynot.

I searched the thread...nobody has mentioned Volbeat's new one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYM89l36SGw

I have this ENTIRE cd on repeat in my head. At first I was meh on the concept for the album, but have thoroughly enjoyed wikipedia'ing all these wild west heroes. All the stories are crazy, and they are generally about people who were freaking really real. Pretty awesome. Volbeats CD's are now continuing 3 different story lines...but its keeping me entertained.

I posted Room 24 a few pages back, no video though, just the audio link from them. Great album.

Unfortunately, the only YouTube clip I could find was the entire album. I was trying to a link to the the title track, which happens to be the first song.

It reminds me of My Dying Bride with a bit of the same sensibilities Riverside draw from. I love how impassioned the vocals are.

I dig this one quite a lot. Unfortunately the new one isn't on spotify, yet, so until then I just added the older ones to remember the band name.

So, after a 7 year wait, Summoning is finally releasing a new album! Called Old Mornings Dawn, and the album does not disappoint, will be in my top 5 of the year, if not number one.

Without further wait, I bring you The White Tower from Old Mornings Dawn by Summoning:

haven't posted a song in a while, but finally i found something that grabbed my attention. From Sweden SAFFIRE