Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

Credit to Jimmy/Falcon on this one...

A myriad of influences from various genres = kick ass Metal. The guitar player is a beast and I love the style of vocals.

This is really, really good but the sound seems to be off. I've checked into a couple other tunes from this album and have found this to be lacking a bottom end and way too much trebble. Guess it could be my speakers, but I remain impressed. Cool band that just might merit a purchase. Thanks for posting this.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really, really good but the sound seems to be off. I've checked into a couple other tunes from this album and have found this to be lacking a bottom end and way too much trebble. Guess it could be my speakers, but I remain impressed. Cool band that just might merit a purchase. Thanks for posting this.
I really like the production of this disc. And while I do tend to prefer a crisp production, I thought it was well balanced. If you do pick up the disc, I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on that.

I really like the production of this disc. And while I do tend to prefer a crisp production, I thought it was well balanced. If you do pick up the disc, I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on that.

Is the whole new Sacred Mother Tongue album in the same style as that song? Are the vocals always melodic like this, or is there also some extreme vox?

Is the whole new Sacred Mother Tongue album in the same style as that song? Are the vocals always melodic like this, or is there also some extreme vox?
Clean. If there's any extreme vocals on this disc, they're very rarely used (there may even be none).

If you want another good sample of what they do, they also have a video for "Evolve / Become", which I think is actually a better song than the one I've posted.

Clean. If there's any extreme vocals on this disc, they're very rarely used (there may even be none).

If you want another good sample of what they do, they also have a video for "Evolve / Become", which I think is actually a better song than the one I've posted.

I am really torn on the two songs I have heard. On one level I really like it. But there is something about the vocals I can't get into, they just seem very over-produced. I know that they are kind of going for a slick sound, but the it is a little much for me.

Norwegian melodic metal-act Nergard releases first single/music video from the upcoming all-star album Memorial for a Wish. The song A Question Of God is co-written with legendary British singer Tony Mills (TNT, ex Shy). Tony also appears in the video which was filmed and edited by Sondre Sivertsen.

I'm loving the sound of the new Deep Purple album; Don Airey has really stepped it up a notch on this one, a fitting memorial to Jon Lord. Here's the first single (and their first music video in ages):

New band emerges from Florida. For all of you that enjoy some Melodic Death Metal ala Solution .45, Soilwork and Scar Symmetry Check out Wirethrone, they just released their new video. They have a new record coming soon. Check it out! hope you enjoy it, these guys have been working really hard to get it together. \m/

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=91862

Florida's Wirethrone posted the band's first music video for the track "The Architect." The song will appear on the band's upcoming debut LP "The Sun Betrays Us to the Night,"
which is targeted for a 2013 release, as the band is currently shopping the release for label interest.

Wirethrone was formed in Lakeland, Florida in late 2011 by Trey Hawkins, James Harper, Steven Behr, and Josh Delgado. Taylor Halpin was added on bass. Behr would leave then paving the way for the addition of their new permanent drummer, Adam Gallina (Drums).

For the debut release, the group worked with producer Matt Johnson of The Autumn Offering fame to record the first full length album. "The Sun Betrays Us to the Night" is a concept album dealing with loss, sanity, and defining realities.

The track listing for album is as follows:

1. City of Angels; Empire of Ghosts
2. Where Solace Sleeps
3. Into the Storm
4. In Ruined Grace
5. Plague of Tongues
6. A Fallen December
7. Shadow of My Shame
8. The Betrayal (of Light)
9. The Architect

Check out "The Architect" here:

Here's some groove-laden instrumental djent for y'all from Intervals drummer Anup Sastry...tech metal wizardry at its finest!

I am really liking this. The clean vocals are great and the production sounds fine to these (probably somewhat damaged) ear!

Based on the name of the band, I almost passed clicking on the link. "Glad to say I did" isn't quite the way to put it, but there is definitely something very compelling :err: going on here.

They are former members of the band Dog Fashion Disco. They share similar qualities of being a bit experimental in an almost Mr. Bungle way. Here is the song from a couple tears ago that put them on my radar, I like it better than their new song