Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

Since you can only have one, but White Palace is also magnificent.

I had given this disc a chance when it was first available, but was left unimpressed. I decided to check this track out, just for chuckles and grins. It intrigued me enough to listen to the whole disc again. I've since been playing it non-stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been following these guys for a long time, acquired taste NWOBHM for sure but I'm into this new song...

I searched the thread...nobody has mentioned Volbeat's new one?

I have this ENTIRE cd on repeat in my head. At first I was meh on the concept for the album, but have thoroughly enjoyed wikipedia'ing all these wild west heroes. All the stories are crazy, and they are generally about people who were freaking really real. Pretty awesome. Volbeats CD's are now continuing 3 different story lines...but its keeping me entertained.

I really have been on a melodic death metal kick as of late..........this was recommended to me by a friend............WOW

Starkill - New Infernal Rebirth

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eam8Um6_WYI&list=FLgBFetk2un_q-iLvS2jj_qQ&index=1[/ame]

I have this ENTIRE cd on repeat in my head. At first I was meh on the concept for the album, but have thoroughly enjoyed wikipedia'ing all these wild west heroes. All the stories are crazy, and they are generally about people who were freaking really real. Pretty awesome. Volbeats CD's are now continuing 3 different story lines...but its keeping me entertained.

Volbeat rules and the new album is excellent. Room 24, The Hangman's Body Count and Doc Holliday are my faves so far.

I am really digging the new song by The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Portnoy & Sheehan). I have been a fan of Kotzen for years, hopefully he can get some more exposure on this project.

Totally digging this album. I couldn't find a vid of my favorite track, but this one is killer as well.