Official Turisas Webshop [NEW WEBSTORE]

I need to ask my mom to give me some money : / ..I spent everything....I want Tank top and DVD....

Ok, the webstore guys must be retarded... *not amused AT ALL*

As you can all read above I ordered 2 longsleeves a looooong time ago. The first one came within 28 days. Good value. But the second one was delayed numerous times, they ensured me that if I'd change my L to an M they'd have it to me within a month, but today I received an e-mail boldly stating that my order has been cancelled and that 27,- have been refunded. FUCK. That's not what I want, I want a Battle Metal longsleeve! The way the communicated on the matter has been totally crap. All their e-mails are full of apologies but it can't mask the fact they are just fucking stuff up. I am just super pissed. It sucks that a great band as Turisas (who I do not hold responsible at all, mind you :)) has such a CRAPPY (it has to be said...) webstore.

I am really disappointed in the webstore and their empty promises. They promised me to get me an M instead of an L, to make sure I got it before Xmas etc, and they broke them all. I'm not a guy who likes broken promises...
Also, just refunding me isn't going to satisfy me. If I had put the money on a bank-account I would have collected interest. So I am going to demand them to refund that too lol :p

My call to all: Buy LOADS n LOADS of Turisas merch! But at their shows!!!
...I for one am not going to buy from the 3rd-party webstore ever again.

/end of rant.

and to the Turisas guys: I am pissed on the webstore only, I understand you can't help any of this ;)

that´s why I never planned on buy it online somehow XD had a bad feeling when it comes to that :S

Seems that the Turisas web shop is really run by a general band merchendise retailer. The Turisas shop link send you to Turisas items only, but really the place carries items from a huge amount of bands. And it seemingly runs like a warehouse. My wife has been waiting for a Sonata Arctica shirt for 4 months, considering that the first shirt was discontinued 2 months after we made the order, and the one she picked as replacement is currently out of stock.

All in all they need a certain amount of orders to go ahead with a specific print. Or maybe they print it at specific time intervals . . . like every couple of months to fill the accumulated orders. Unfortunately, this is the nature of the very specific business model.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

ps - . . . and then you open up the box and it's not the item you ordered . . . . I recently bought from eBay the limited edition DVD with the 3" CD and warpaint chart . . . I received the regular edition with just the DVD . . . I emailed back and now the seller has contacted his distributor . . . I hate CM for forcing my arm to create yet another account just so I can order something, I already have more accounts than I can remember.

well i confirm my theory, as i wrote, my country is not in any of the shipping zones so neither i can order :( i asked to one of my US friend yesterday check the page and she is able to see "add cart option" well she will order for me thought

I have the same problem at the moment to enter the site, my country is not available. I said to my uncle (lives in belgium) that sends the dvd, but I want to buy shirts and others things, I think is not just for us, I love the band but they should think their fans are from all countries in the world, not special countries.

:cry:

I have the same problem at the moment to enter the site, my country is not available. I said to my uncle (lives in belgium) that sends the dvd, but I want to buy shirts and others things, I think is not just for us, I love the band but they should think their fans are from all countries in the world, not special countries.

:cry:

a wm_crash pointed out, the webshop isn't run by the band, it's run by that website, which is a company all on it's own. The countries the site supplies to will be specified entirely by the company who runs the site, I doubt very much Turisas have anything to do with that, so don't be blaming them...

ok now I am uber pissed lmao.

For anyone interested, this is the "service" that webshop provides:

---------------------------------
RE: Merchandise Order: 323454‏
Sent: Mon 12/29/08 2:26 PM
To: customerservices@bsimerch.com

> From: customerservices@bsimerch.com
> To: andreas_smulders@hotmail.com
> Subject: Merchandise Order: 323454
> Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:08:24 +0000
>
> Dear Andreas,
>
> This is in fact the email sent by us to you which states we need your change in order details within 7 days or the order will be deleted:
>
> 'Hi Andreas
>
> Thank you for placing your order with us for Turisas long sleeved shirt. Unfortunately we have run out of large sizes.
>
> Firstly, please let me aplogise for the delay in contacting you. We have been expecting a delivery of this particular t shirt for weeks now but so far it has not come in and we have just found out it won't be coming in.
>
> However we do have a Medium shirt of the same design. Please let us know if you would like this shirt or a different shirt of your choice and we will have it sent out straight away.
>
> If I have not heard back from you after a week, we will cancel your order and make sure you are fully refunded for the t shirt.
>
> Once again, so sorry for any inconvenience and have a great day.
>
> Lana'
>
> Unfortunately we did not get a response from you in time, so your order was duly cancelled. Many apologies for this, but it is clearly stated in the email above.
>

What? That's totally ridiculous! I e-mailed you guys RIGHT after I got the e-mail from that Lana person. Within an hour or so! And I can prove the e-mail was received too...Here's what I mailed back (everything new is in bald, the quotations are in normal font):

Sent: Wed 12/10/08 9:55 AM
To: customerservices@bsimerch.com

Hey Lana,

Hm, I'll just take the medium sized one. No chance of a discount I suppose?

Regards,

Andreas

As you can see I wasn't pissed or anything at the time. I even got an automated response from that e-mail! AND a reply...from one Giles Floodgate...

RE: Merchandise Order: 323454‏
From: Giles Floodgate (giles.floodgate@bsimerch.com) on behalf of Customer Services (customerservices@bsimerch.com)
Sent: Fri 12/12/08 12:30 PM
To: Andreas Smulders (andreas_smulders@hotmail.com)

Hi,
Ok I have changed the size and have refunded you the postage costs.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us if you have any further questions. And thanks again for shopping with us, we appreciate your custom.

Giles and the customer services team.

...Not too mention the time limit set was a week, yet this mail was dispatched on 10-12-2008, and the order didn't get cancelled until 24-12-2008. That's more than 2 weeks later! Also, the cancellation was made, and I quote, for the item being unavailable:

Item Unavailable - Order: 323454‏
From: Backstreetmerch.com (customerservices@bsimerch.com)
Sent: Tue 12/23/08 3:06 PM
To: andreas_smulders@hotmail.com

Dear Andreas Smulders,

The item you have ordered is currently unavailable and we are unable to satisfy your request for this item. This e-mail is to inform you that it has been removed from your order to avoid any further delays. Please contact Customer Services if you have any questions regarding the availability of this item or the status of your order

Order Number: 323454
Date Of Order: 02/11/2008

---------------------------------------------------------
CANCELLED ITEMS
---------------------------------------------------------

Turisas - TRSS27

Battle Metal - Size: M x 1 - EUR22.00

Subtotal = EUR22.00
Shipping = EUR5.00

See it's about an M and not about an L here? Also, the 27,- still hasn't been refunded. So I don't know what this e-mail you send me just now means, but it's pretty clear you guys are fucking stuff up and being full of shit ONCE AGAIN...You are now claiming this major fuck-up is my own fault? LOL you have got some nerve.

I'd also like to repeat the stuff I said in the last e-mail:

Hi. Again.

You people have got some nerve. I was ensured by one of your employees (want me to forward you the exact message?) not long ago that, if I'd change my size L order to an M, I'd get the longsleeve within a month. I needed this item BEFORE Christmas you see. Thanks for keeping your promises...not! This is like the 5th message you send me regarding this one item. You keep delaying, delaying and delaying it. All your messages start with a major load of excuses, by the way, and in the end it all comes down to one thing: you are advertising for selling stuff you don't have and apparently can't get either.

It's a pitty I don't know (that) much about British law, but over here in The Netherlands shops have to inform people about items being low on stock BEFORE the actual deal is made. Not, like you do, 2 months AFTER I paid for it. If you had been a Dutch webshop, I'd have enough legal grounds to force you to get one of the items I want to me, even if you'd have to get one printed just for me (and that would most likely cost you A LOT, would be a good punishment if you ask me). Maybe I should ask some of my teachers about this, could be interesting...

I for one am never going to buy anything from you ever again if this is all you're doing to make things up to me. If I had put the money I paid for this item onto a bank-acount, I'd have earned interest over it. It's been on your webstore's acount for 3 months or so. How much interest did YOU collect over it in that period...?

Furthermore, and far more importantly for you people, I am going to tell everyone I know about the bad experiences I've had with your webstore and I am going to encourage them NOT to buy from you. I am about to post my terrible experiences on the official Turisas board, and possibly going to copy and paste my story to some other boards too, so people know what kind of a store you are.

Also, you can forget about the roughly 800,- order I and some friends of mine were going to place (one order for us all to save on postage etc.) in January. I don't think I hve to explain WHY we're not going to place this order anymore in the light of current events...

Making a promise is easy, but apparently it's too hard for you people to keep one.

Sincerely,

Andreas Smulders

p.s. I do expect a reply on all of this. And I expect you to at least attempt to make it up to me not just by saying you're sorry and refunding me.

p.p.s. Have a nice Christmas! You succesfully managed to ruin mine, that's for sure.

So drop the tone please. I am still feeling exactly like the day I send out that e-mail. A bit more pissed even as you are trying to blame me for all of this. I am right and you are wrong, I hope I made that clear with the barrage of quotes etc. The way you treat your customers is donwright awful!

Andreas

p.s. I would like an answer from someone WITH a brain for a change, so please only reply if you are a supervisor of some sort. YES I'd like to speak with the manager, PLEASE...
p.p.s. The time it takes you people to reply is, even with a warehouse move, still more than 48 hours. REALLY annoying...

-----------------------------

That's what I send out. Once again I'd like to tell the band I don't hold them responsible, it's only the guys from the webshop I could strangle right now ;)

But PLEASE get a different webshop sometime soon lmao.

Dude, I really feel for you. As much as I've been looking around for band merchandise, there are are only two places that I know of that deal into this. One is Backstreetmerch, the other one is Rockabilia. I'm willing to venture a guess that in the end, they both get items from the same mass producer . . . . it's a total guess, but there is a good chance I am right. Rockabilia doesn't carry Turisas items anyways.

As far as the (dis)service you are receiving . . . . well, it's not nice of them. You have to realize that these custommer support people are really not schooled in custommer support; one day they flip burgers at McDonald's, next day they change your shirt size on your order.

As far as picking a different option to run the shop, it is very difficult. Turisas doesn't have the merchendise volume and cash power of Rolling Stones or AC/DC in order to bankroll their own shop. They have to find a venue such as Backstreetmerch, give up a share of the revenue, and have a somewhat established entity (mis)handle the process: printing, shipping, repairs, warehousing, payment processing, sending apologetic emails, etc etc. To handle this on your own, you are looking at a bare minimum $70K upfront cost, plus a trustable do-it-all person who will handle operations at a very modest salary. And then you run the risk of having this person disappear and be stuck without an accordeon player . . . . . . . errr, I meant without a shop.

As much as I feel for your situation, and as much as I join boycotts against retarded businesses, in the end Backstreetmerch is big enough not to feel the pain.

And the very closing line . . . . my grandfather used to say "if you think the blacksmith charges too much, become a blacksmith".

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

a wm_crash pointed out, the webshop isn't run by the band, it's run by that website, which is a company all on it's own. The countries the site supplies to will be specified entirely by the company who runs the site, I doubt very much Turisas have anything to do with that, so don't be blaming them...

OK, I didn´t know the owner of the shop is a company, and not Turisas staff, so i say: sorry to Turisas. Don´t be angry Katie'Force, it was an error.
BYE!

@ wm_crash,

I know Turisas has to work with webshops like that, I just think there are more than the 2 you mention. And all I want is to be treated with respect. The sharp tone I am using in my replies is due to the fact I feel like the people at backsteetmerch are screwing me over. And I don't like being screwed over. Also, Backsteetmerch is apparently a somewhat sucky webshop on other areas too: they don't ship worldwide etc. I don't know who prints the shirts etc. but surely there must be an alternative out there. I don't want to cost the band any money at all, I just want the retards from that shop to beg me for forgiveness on their bare knees. And I hope to inform and warn you about the malpractises of this webshop from hell.

OK, I didn´t know the owner of the shop is a company, and not Turisas staff, so i say: sorry to Turisas. Don´t be angry Katie'Force, it was an error.
BYE!

aww hun i wasn't getting angry, i was just poining out that it's the webshop being crap, not turisas, don't want you thinking bad things about such an awesome band :) i wasn't getting angry, honest

Update:

Just got a reply from Giles.

Hi Andreas,
Firstly I'd like to apologise for the late reply - as you can expect we receive a lot more queries at this time of year than any other, and with staff taking Xmas breaks as well we have been behind somewhat in our responses.

I'm in charge of Customer Services so I'm here to help you understand what's happened (I can clearly see the error was 100% on our part) and to work out a solution.

So, my colleague Lana was in emailed you on the 10th and she offered you the medium, which you accepted. I then changed the size for you.

Normally at this point our warehouse would pick up the order the following morning and send the item to you. This didn't happen - which means either Lana accidentally offered you a size which was unavailable, or the last medium had been sold in the meantime.

This information should have been relayed to you immediately but once again due to the Xmas rush your order was not checked again until the 23rd - when Lana cancelled the order. She must have simply cancelled it because it was still outstanding, and not checked that the alternative she offered was actually accepted. Regrettably she then did the same thing again when replying to you on the 29th - stating that you did not accept the alternative. I'd like to apologise to you on her (and the company's) behalf at this point.

So, I can fully understand your frustration. We have provided you with a pretty poor service thus far.
So, in compensation we'll happily send you some free Turisas merchandise if you want it. In large, we have the following items available:

Group tee http://www.backstreetmerch.com/product.asp?item=trss02
Paganfest Tour US 2008 http://www.backstreetmerch.com/product.asp?item=trss05
Logo Cap http://www.backstreetmerch.com/product.asp?item=trss14
Victoriae & Triumphi Dominus - Hoodie http://www.backstreetmerch.com/product.asp?item=trss16

Circle Logo http://www.backstreetmerch.com/product.asp?item=trss18

Victoriae & Triumphi Dominus http://www.backstreetmerch.com/product.asp?item=trss25

Let me know if you would like any of the above items, or are interested in anything else.

Once again Andreas, really sorry for the confusion and frustration we have caused you.
Regards,
Giles.

So, I cooled off a bit in the meantime, I'll be taking the V & T D hoodie in L as compensation. This excuse is all I was looking for, and the free merch is a nice bonus, so this is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

:)