Oh Buckethead..... we hardly knew ya

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
I'm sorry, but GnR is just NOT gonna be the same without Buckethead. Who can even come close to filling the mighty Bucket's shoes?!! It will be hard to see them live with someone else playing those classics from all the old GnR albums from the 90's. But I'm sure Axl will smoke in guitar... the man's a genius..... or a crackhead, take your pick. :)

from www.blabbermouth.com
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BUCKETHEAD Out Of GUNS N' ROSES? - Mar. 16, 2004

Rumors of guitarist Buckethead's departure from GUNS N' ROSES have gained strength in the recent weeks, with many speculating that GNR singer Axl Rose's alleged decision to resume taking guitar lessons will result in him taking on some of the guitar duties himself during the band's upcoming live performances.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And this is even funnier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13 mil... are you fuckin' kidding me?!!!!!!

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy': $13 Million In Production Costs (And Counting) - Mar. 15, 2004

A Universal Music spokesman has dismissed as "meritless" the lawsuit brought by GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose against the company seeking to prevent them from releasing a "greatest hits" album. "Fortunately, since the court has denied their application for a temporary restraining order, the album will be released as scheduled on March 23," Universal's Peter LoFrumento told Reuters.

Although Geffen (a unit of Universal Music Group under Vivendi Universal) officials had no further comment on the dispute, a source familiar with the situation told Reuters that the label has been waiting seven years for Rose to deliver "Chinese Democracy" and has poured $13 million into production of that album after repeated promises that he was about to finish the project.

"Every year there's been a new reason why Axl is not done with the record," the source told Reuters, adding that Geffen went ahead with the greatest-hits package only because Rose failed to come through with "Chinese Democracy". "Had he delivered this record like he promised seven years ago, this would not be happening right now."

A representative for Rose was not immediately available for comment, according to Reuters.

Yeah they were a good band. I'm glad I got to see them over a year ago and I guess that will be the last time, too. :lol: I wish I'd seen them with Slash but I have to admit that Buckethead was pretty good. I thought it was pretty cool when he played the Star Wars theme on his guitar live. :)

I saw GNR open for The Crue back sometime in the 80's. I would gladly have traded it for that DIo/Accept ticket. The Crue rocked but I felt like GnR was a glorified bar band that lucked up and wrote some good songs. I still feel the same way. I liked AfD when it came out, but I wasn't apeshit over it like some of my friends. I always thought Duff was a pretty good bassist, but was never big into Slash or Axl.

Bryant