Oh for Fuck's Sake, Shit or Get off the Pot

For a bunch of doomsters, C-Mass complain an AWFUL LOT. If they were true to form, they woulda killed Messiah a long time ago with blunt instruments and whatnot. Bah, musicians.

Candemass returned to the Stockholm Polar studio this weekend to add one song to the forthcoming album. The brutally heavy “Of stars and smoke” was put down with ease and in a very releaxed working environment. Since the new album wont be out until next year, there is no need to rush things and the band can take their time to make it a perfect doom metal album.
Mappe Björkman: “Of stars and smoke” definatley had a vibe of “Epicus...” around it. It sent fucking chills down my spine”.

lizard said:
Prerelease hype is hilarious. "This returns us to our roots (meaning sales have been lagging) and the latest tracks tickle my prostate with heaviness and dread (means we can't regain our original muse now that we're approaching middle age)."

Yeah, metal press releases have come to include as much doctoring as those of politicians pandering madly to get themselves elected, and anything with "back to our roots" in it is almost always shorthand for disappointment...

MESSIAH WILL SHIT ON THE NEW C-MASS POT
7. September 2006 @ 13:11
In a conversation with the label Nuclear Blast, Messiah Marcolin has agreed to sing on the upcoming Candlemass album. It will happen sometime in sep/oct. Some contractual stuff has to be sorted out first, but things look very promising at the moment.
Leif: I’m glad to hear it. Whatever problems Messiah have, I’m sure they can be solved for the benefit of the album. It really kills and the fans deserve to hear Messiah on it. Let’s just make this a great album. If Messiah wants to do his solo thing after or whatever, then I got no problem with it, but the album is the most important thing right now as I see it. For us, for the label, for the fans!