Oh my God what have I done....

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I heard this track on the radio a while back. I loved it. Sounded great to my ears. Don't even know the title of it. I heard it again a couple of days ago & I guess it's that band PAPA ROACH...
Still love the song. It's like a modern version of a "power ballad." I missed what they said the song was called because I was so floored that it was done by a band that I'm indifferent about...
How about that shit?!

sixxswine said:
I heard this track on the radio a while back. I loved it. Sounded great to my ears. Don't even know the title of it. I heard it again a couple of days ago & I guess it's that band PAPA ROACH...
Still love the song. It's like a modern version of a "power ballad." I missed what they said the song was called because I was so floored that it was done by a band that I'm indifferent about...
How about that shit?!

Well, as my wife and me always say; shit happends! :tickled: Whats the problem? You like what you like. Go and buy the album and see how you like it. There's alot of good music out there.

So little time and so much good music :p

Hawk said:
Well, as my wife and me always say; shit happends! :tickled: Whats the problem? You like what you like. Go and buy the album and see how you like it. There's alot of good music out there.

So little time and so much good music :p

Agreed! :D I still have stuff in my collection that I've yet to listen to!
And.. you like what you like... I've always had the conviction that if my ears like it I do not care about anything else!

Unless it's Rap/Hip Hop/Country :p

I don't know if I will buy the record, or if I do I might go for a used copy...
I just picked up the new Hammerfall record & this band called Trivium...
Hammerfall is okay, I suppose it will have to grow on me. Same with their live record, which I got the same day. This Trivium band. Fuck! They have everything that is heavy as an influence... They are almost the complete package...

I actually have and love the first papa roach album, even if it was just nu-metal, I was never ashamed to say I liked it, a perfect album from beginning to end, anything after that was shit though, they went from nu-metal to alternative to punk, each time getting worse, but now that I hear this, I might check out some nu stuff.

Pabla said:
Agreed! :D I still have stuff in my collection that I've yet to listen to!
And.. you like what you like... I've always had the conviction that if my ears like it I do not care about anything else!

Unless it's Rap/Hip Hop/Country :p

The day I find myself liking a rap song I will get myself some baggy pants put a cap backwards or sidewards on my head and start greeting people with "Yo man"! :tickled: I promise!

If there's one band I wouldn't mind myself to buy from it's Papa Roach...I think it's an "honoust" band and haha, they even played Slayer covers live... Although I haven't heard their albums, I'm pretty sure they rock...
On the other hand, I don't like them on the top Bill of the Graspop Metal meet here in Belgium. It can be a very good band, but they don't belong playing on a Metal Festival like this I think...Or they have to adjust their set to just playing Slayer covers :)

sixxswine said:
This Trivium band. Fuck! They have everything that is heavy as an influence... They are almost the complete package...

The sixth song on the album reminds me of Impossibly Brutality by Kreator somehow :erk: at least the intro does anyway. I had it down as a reminder on my phone for some reason :confused: I asked my mate to play it to me and we got as far as the intro before he skipped to their well-known song :mad: which is a bit crap if I remember right!

sixxswine said:
Hammerfall is okay, I suppose it will have to grow on me. Same with their live record, which I got the same day. This Trivium band. Fuck! They have everything that is heavy as an influence... They are almost the complete package...

I'm a big fan of Hammerfall, but the new record just isn't clicking with me. They've kinda gotten away from the big powerful choruses that made Legacy of Kings so great.

Don't sweat it Sixx. If you like it, you like it. It don't matter who does the song. Look how many bands we like that put out crap sometimes. You don't have to like all thier stuff, do you? So, I figure even some of these nu-metal bands can put out something good once in a while. Most of it is shit but occasionally they put something decent out! Enjoy! :cool:

sixxswine said:

Trivium's guitarist SHREDS...and they write some very cool melodies contrasted by some nice heavy rhythms. SOME of the bridge and chorus vocals come off a little "pretty" sounding, but these guys are growing on me big time...definitely catchy stuff and from what I hear a very high-energy band live.

JB

sixxswine said:
How about that shit?!

Ewwwwwwwwwww ::: covers crotch lol ::: :yuk: .. we all can't be perfect i suppose lol jkk... anyways : say Halo to my little friend (great great movie) .... other then that.. ever listen to Evergrey? im curious about them... :wave:

Ayeka said:
The sixth song on the album reminds me of Impossibly Brutality by Kreator somehow :erk: at least the intro does anyway. I had it down as a reminder on my phone for some reason :confused: I asked my mate to play it to me and we got as far as the intro before he skipped to their well-known song :mad: which is a bit crap if I remember right!

There is NOTHING wrong with Impossible Brutality.. one of my fav if not my fav off the new Kreator.. and if it sounds like that I DEFO wanna check these Trivium guys out! :D

wdiv said:
I'm a big fan of Hammerfall, but the new record just isn't clicking with me. They've kinda gotten away from the big powerful choruses that made Legacy of Kings so great.

I've heard mixed reviews about this disc (I still have to get it obviously :erk: ).

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Ewwwwwwwwwww ::: covers crotch lol ::: :yuk: .. we all can't be perfect i suppose lol jkk... anyways : say Halo to my little friend (great great movie) .... other then that.. ever listen to Evergrey? im curious about them... :wave:

Evergrey are great... I would suggest "In Search of Truth" their best and most consistent album

Yeah don't know about the new Hammerfall disc it's just "Okay." I will put it aside & listen to it a few days down the road...
It's a little disappointing, I Suppose...
Papa Roach also ripped the part right before the solo off Whitesnake's Still of the Night... The part where Sykes uses the bow Page style...
Don't know the name of that song either, you know these guys used to dig 80's Rock!