Oh my God what have I done....

There's no shame in liking what you like. Most here know I am Goo Goo Dolls fanboy. I don't pretend to like them so I can make fun of myself. They happen to be the best in the world (well Rzeznick anyway as he IS The Goos) at making cool radio rock and love songs. My "metalness" is obtained by what I mostly listen to, not by what I exclude. If I like something I listen to it, if others don't like it, they don't have to listen to it.

Bryant

I lied I also liked a tennesee based kind of pantera like nu-metal band called
Full Devil Jacket and a Swedish all female band called Drain STH which I've seen
live twice and I still love even though they are gone! RIP :erk:

sixxswine said:
Yeah, I was looking for their record, but with new stuff coming out regularly these days, it's hard to keep up...
It's still on the list though...

Well you just put this record on my list. I let you know how I like it.

When Last Resort off of Infest came out everyone said HEY THATS A IRON MAIDEN RIFF.
That same year in an interview in guitar world the guitar player and lead singer both said they never listened to Iron maiden nor cared for them.

Fast Forward to Today. In the new SCARS video the lead singer coby is wearing a hoodie with an Iron Maiden EDDIE on it from A REAL DEAD ONE.

Take about hypocrisy. They claimed to be writing their own material and denied the Maiden influence only to flaunt it in a video years after changing their style and look to accomodate todays market. FUCKING SELL OUT POSERS.They deserve no recognition ever in my book.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
When Last Resort off of Infest came out everyone said HEY THATS A IRON MAIDEN RIFF.
That same year in an interview in guitar world the guitar player and lead singer both said they never listened to Iron maiden nor cared for them.

Fast Forward to Today. In the new SCARS video the lead singer coby is wearing a hoodie with an Iron Maiden EDDIE on it from A REAL DEAD ONE.

FUCKING SELL OUT POSERS.They deserve no recognition ever in my book.

So what? Like they are the first band to say something like this?
How about Pantera knocking the glam bands(or at least Phil) only to to find out that they were a fucking glam band in the mid-80's!!!!!
How about that shit?! You either like Papa Roach or you don't, you appears to dislike them. I'm cool with that.
The singer accidnetly drank piss at a show on the east coast a couple of years ago... I think someone threw a bottle on stage & some how he thought it was his drink, that he had opened on stage & drank someone's piss! I remember reading about that & laughing my ass off!

No man I wasnt mouthing you, I just remember the first time I heard Last resort and was COOL!! I went out and bought the album and later read the Guitar world and it killed me because Im a die hard Maiden fan. I heard a new song of theres on the radio a few months ago ( Getting Away With Murder) and was like hey thats pretty cool. Then I saw a video for the new song and I was just pissed. You know Im 22 I still get up in arms and angry at people that fake their true metal ness. Your story reminded me of my first PR exp. That was all , no offense. Eh as far as the piss drinking , well Ill just leave that to him because thats kinda homoerotic.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
No man I wasnt mouthing you, I just remember the first time I heard Last resort and was COOL!! I went out and bought the album and later read the Guitar world and it killed me because Im a die hard Maiden fan. I heard a new song of theres on the radio a few months ago ( Getting Away With Murder) and was like hey thats pretty cool. Then I saw a video for the new song and I was just pissed. You know Im 22 I still get up in arms and angry at people that fake their true metal ness. Your story reminded me of my first PR exp. That was all , no offense. Eh as far as the piss drinking , well Ill just leave that to him because thats kinda homoerotic.

No offense taken. I can see what you mean now. I'm just saying what he says is him & shouldn't reflect on the people that listen to their music.
Let's be honest here, they are what in their late 20's or so now...
in their mid-20's at the time of the interview...
And they haven't ever heard Maiden?! They probably haven't heard Zeppelin either?! It's silly of him to say...

sixxswine said:
This fits the thread...
After having this disc on backorder for a couple of weeks I got
the Shooter Jennings disc "Put the O bcak in Country."
It was worth the wait & this record smokes!
www.shooterjennings.com/
www.universal-south.com/
I highly recommend this record fans of "outlaw" country & those that fans of stuff like Black Crowes & southern fried rock!

Mmm I have been dabbling in that area lately. I might check this out.

I don't know if I should of put this on the no ozzfest thread. But it looks
like the old madman gonna have to eat his words on Mudvayne! I went
to this metal cd party last night at a local bar there was a couple of Sony
and Relapse representatives there giving away lots of cool stuff (couple of
Judas Priest stickers, an AC/DC patch and so on!) But they gave me the
latest Mudvayne cd Lost And Found and gasp! It's really pretty goddamn
good! It kind of borrows of the LD50 sound but the musicianship on this
album is way better! And the songwriting from Chad Gray is a lot better!
More mature on this record instead of the first one. And blastbeats on
a nu-metal cd get the fugg outahere! A good listen from beginning to
end!

I don't know if I should of put this on the no ozzfest thread. But it looks
like the old madman gonna have to eat his words on Mudvayne! I went
to this metal cd party last night at a local bar there was a couple of Sony
and Relapse representatives there giving away lots of cool stuff (couple of
Judas Priest stickers, an AC/DC patch and so on!) But they gave me the
latest Mudvayne cd Lost And Found and gasp! It's really pretty goddamn
good! It kind of borrows of the LD50 sound but the musicianship on this
album is way better! And the songwriting from Chad Gray is a lot better!
More mature on this record instead of the first one. And blastbeats on
a nu-metal cd get the fugg outahere! A good listen from beginning to
end! :headbang: