Oh my God what have I done....

Sorry, I heard the entire Mudvayne disc at my friend's shop & I can't say I cared for it. There is a audience for their material, I just think that "that sound" is so 5-6 years ago... I might be saying the same about the next Disturbed record, even though they are one of the bands that I feel stands out from the pack...

Well we all have disagreements. I mean like Papa Roach to me is trying to hard to
be a emo band right now it's not even funny. I mean look at Ted's thread at country
music we all have different tastes in music. Thats what UMOS is all about. :D :cool:
Hey Swine you should pick up Pinball Hall Of Fame The Gottlieb Collection for your
gamecube system. You will not be dissappointed!

Sounds like a cool game. I just might look that up.
I beat TVF to the punch on the Shooter Jennings record, though...
I picked it up a month ago & have been lovin' it since!
Papa Roach , Papa Johns, sixx of one & half a dozen of the other...
I wasn't blasting you for liking the 'Vayne disc, like I said there is a demand for what they are doing. I'm just not one that is screaming for it!

You know, there have been some decent points brought up in this. I guess I look at it like this. Personally, Im not into most bands that fit the "Nu-Metal" genre, but there are good CDs and good songs that can be found. Music is music man.

I totally dont understand people, even long hairs, who look down on others as inferior because they dont like the same music or are "faking" their metalness. A lot of the younger crowd hasnt been exposed to the good shit. Instead of being an elitest asshole, I try ot get people stoned and expose them to real music. Its fucking killer when you get someone into nu-metal and mallcore type stuff who have never really listened to shit like Slayer, Overkill, or Sabbath completely baked and expand their fuckin mind with killer tunes.

As for Pappa Roach and Mudvayne, yeah they have decent tunes. New album is good.

Anyways, back to the bong and some King Diamond.

Winner said:
You know, there have been some decent points brought up in this. I guess I look at it like this. Personally, Im not into most bands that fit the "Nu-Metal" genre, but there are good CDs and good songs that can be found. Music is music man.

I totally dont understand people, even long hairs, who look down on others as inferior because they dont like the same music or are "faking" their metalness. A lot of the younger crowd hasnt been exposed to the good shit. Instead of being an elitest asshole, I try ot get people stoned and expose them to real music. Its fucking killer when you get someone into nu-metal and mallcore type stuff who have never really listened to shit like Slayer, Overkill, or Sabbath completely baked and expand their fuckin mind with killer tunes.

As for Pappa Roach and Mudvayne, yeah they have decent tunes. New album is good.

Anyways, back to the bong and some King Diamond.

hahah From the Bowels of the Fucking IE Board its Winner! ... I think your the only person on this whole board that Does more Drugs and Swears more than me :D Welcome to the UMOS Board Mother Fucker!!!!:wave:

Yeah it is crazy that some band that copies another band doesn't have the balls to fess up to it. There is no way in hell that PR has never heard of Maiden. Last resort is a total rip of Phantom of the Opera. And yeah, first time I heard it I actually thought that it was some new Maiden... turned on the radio and it was on the little riff... It is cool. Just not cool to diss the people you stole your shit from.

And you know what? Cussing is cool. I don't give a fuck what my kids say!

Howdy. My name is Kent and Brother I am... but not black! I live in Monroe (surrounded by AMISH!)... a very small town about 20 or so miles south of Fort Wayne right off US 27. Never anything good as in shows around me. Every now and then they get some cool shit up at Pieres in Fort Wayne. Awesome club for a show but they usually have dance shit there.

JonnyD said:
hahah From the Bowels of the Fucking IE Board its Winner! ... I think your the only person on this whole board that Does more Drugs and Swears more than me :D Welcome to the UMOS Board Mother Fucker!!!!:wave:

:D Fuckin A, whats going on Brother? Thanks for the welcome man.

Time to bust some fuckin skulls, you better be ready bitches :headbang:

:kickass: :Smokedev: :devil: :puke: :headbang:

Hawk said:
Mmm I have been dabbling in that area lately. I might check this out.

Hawk have you ever heard Son Volt or Uncle Tupelo ? They are considered "insurgent country." It's not "Rockabilly," it's a whole different monster. It's got a lot of punk influence in it. They certainly aren't the only band doing that, but Tupelo was one of the first and Son Volt had Tupelo band leader/vocalist leading Son Volt.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hawk have you ever heard Son Volt or Uncle Tupelo ? They are considered "insurgent country." It's not "Rockabilly," it's a whole different monster. It's got a lot of punk influence in it. They certainly aren't the only band doing that, but Tupelo was one of the first and Son Volt had Tupelo band leader/vocalist leading Son Volt.

Bryant

Nope, never heard of them. I am going to see what I can find. Thanks for the tip bro'!