Oh those wacky Muslims!

EdenKriss said:
we shouldnt forget all the moderate moslems though, who does not want all that shit. a lot of good people will suffer because of extremist assholes.

100% agreed. I also feel sorry for those that do not have access to enough information to realize that this type of extremism is wrong. Many are force fed extremist hate filled ideology from birth and become so conditioned that they cannot be reasoned with. This is one of the reasons I feel so strongly about the value of democracy and freedom of thought.

Dark One said:
100% agreed. I also feel sorry for those that do not have access to enough information to realize that this type of extremism is wrong. Many are force fed extremist hate filled ideology from birth and become so conditioned that they cannot be reasoned with. This is one of the reasons I feel so strongly about the value democracy and freedom of thought.

exactly. and with democracy and freedom of thought comes freedom of speech. if the government had forced the newpaper to withdraw the pictures, it would have been an attack on danish democracy, and that is not an opportunity.

You've got to think of it as a cult. It's not a one off type deal (like the Waco debacle) but it's using Islam as a springboard. The fact is, those who shout loudest are the ones that get heard, and they end up in the headlines or on national TV.

Islam as a community has failed however. Quite frankly, it shouldn't be Danish leaders, or Tony Blair etc trying to deal with these problems. It should be muslim leaders, the 'moderates' who want nothing but to just follow Islam the way its teachings uphold. They should move to the front line, become the voice of reason, reach out to their communities, etc. The fact is, they don't because they're intimidated.

Freedom of speech and western democracy is failing us, I'm afraid to say. It's very simple: militant muslims will always think of themselves as muslims BEFORE they do citizens of their respective country.

So what to do?

Part of me wants us to threaten with nukes. Occasionally, I think we should obliterate Tehran and let history of WW2 repeat itself -- after all, in all respects, we should actually see the modern state of Japan as a success.

The problem is, this is like throwing fuel onto the fire.

Sanctions? Great, let's let all the innocents suffer while the goverments feel no pain. And then inturn, those governments speak to their suffering people, "You see now? You see what America is doing to you? They take our oil and in return they give us nothing! They have taken our medicines. They are killing our children" etc etc. Next thing you know, you have a line of suicide bombers just lining up to be the next martyr.

That's why we're worse off now than we were before the invasion of Iraq. We're turning MORE muslims into radicals as opposed to just spending all our time and money and resources on targetting the cancer: Osama Bin Laden, his lieutenants, backstreet mullahs, terrorist fundings, etc.

The one point John Kerry raised, the point I agree with the most, is that we took our attention OFF Osama and out of the fucking blue started to move troops into Iraq. I mean, we removed the Tailban, we had Osama cornered, we could have started addressing immigrant issues, asylum seekers, religious schools in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, etc etc.

Unbelievable. Iraq is now a massive blot on history. Just like when Patton could have marched into fucking Berlin and ended the war in 72 hours, that fucker Montgomery wanted all the glory and got stuck on a bridge.

/rant

I know that desecration of Muhammad is forbidden in their religion and the circus of politics is a foreign concept to them, but that in no way justifies torching the Danish embassies, this only adds to the "all Middle Easterners sympathize with terrorists" school of thought...say what you will about conservative tempers or Christian lunatics, but they don't make death threats to liberal bloggers (at least not seriously) or send anthrax-laden packages to the New York Times office (though I'm sure Ann Coulter has given it a thought) or place grisly abortion photos in cereal boxes...scratch that last one.
As for the 9/11 image posted above, I see it as shock value and nothing more, which I rarely laugh at unless it hides some serious message in over-the-top offensiveness.

Haha I'll tell you whats funny. Actually comparing the US to/putting it on the same level as Fundamentalist Muslim countries, with a straight face. HAHAHA. Thats funny. Talk about over-the-top, thats the epitome of wishfull thinking. They are FUCKED UP and everyone knows it.n

islam%20will%20dominate.jpg

EdenKriss said:
we shouldnt forget all the moderate moslems though, who does not want all that shit. a lot of good people will suffer because of extremist assholes.

an excellent point, and one that shouldn't be overlooked

That's why (I hope) I remembered to specify "militant" Islamists as the cocksuckers.

fuck christianity, fuck islam, and fuck double standards when it comes to saying the former but not the latter

chalk up another one for religion

religion - 4829653198650186081365
humanity - 0