Ok guys I think I fucked up. (Cubase mp3 export)

Chryst Krispies

Vanilla Gorilla
Jul 27, 2005
Boston
www.twitter.com
So, I updated Cubase, now when I go to export MP3 files, it says unexpected error has occurred and won't let me do shit.

What fucking gives? Someone help please because all of sudden my amp gets back from tour and I want to play and I can't fucking export shit.

check the task manager for fucked up apps running and end them. in fact end everything including explorer.exe and just run cubase and try it. try also updating your audio hardware drivers. (not everything but most un-essential apps)

also did you install any pointless apps recently other then the cubase update? (not saying cubase update was pointless)

another tip is to run smithfraudfix and clear your dns cache etc and infact your entire pc from rubbish,

run hijack this and remove more retarded entries. it could really be anything..not just the cubase update.

run antivirus apps (AVG) and spyware Apps (SPYBOT S&D)

how about a system restore to an earlier date? or have you got a backup of your disk? RAID or External REV drive or HDD drive?

can you not uninstall the update? have you tried resetting cubase to the default settings?

sometimes screaming at your computer helps...and threatening it with the local computer store with a format

sometimes hardware can cause such errors, unplug some crap and try again?

try booting into safemode and try there?

it could really be anything - try doing a plugin update - did you recently update any of your computers media players? try old archive to downgrade them

if all else fails export as wav and convert elsewhere until you figure it out in a few weeks

FUCK, I just upgraded to Snow Leopard not too long ago and I haven't been recording much so I must've forgot to check and see if there were any issues,.

Grab the lame mp3 encoder.dll (download somewhere) and put that in your cubase directory and in your windows folder (I think?)

Might fix it

oh your running snow leopard... em ignore my massive post above then! haha

it should generate a crash report shouldn't it? have you checked your logs? i've been running snow leopard for around a month now and i haven't had much major problem. just 1 weird ktext thing or something that keeps popping up when running gearbox & my scanner. other then that some apps just fail to quit once they are opened.

have you reported the error to cubase hq?

Can you export a WAV? If yes, Cubase and your MP3 encoder aren't happy with each other; if no, something deeper has gotten buggered. That's the place to start.

Jeff