Ok... how do you plug stuffs...

Nicky_M16

Aug 8, 2002
Visit site
with the Rocktron voodoo valve, how do I use it with an amp ?
I plug it directly to the High speaker?
I plug it into the head amp and bypass the head amp preamp ?
I plug it into the head amp preamp ? (then how do I tweak it?)

Second question: have you ever thought about a good stage setup for using the amp distorsion and then quickly use the preamp clean sound ?

Voodoo Valve, that's a rack preamp isn't it?

Well, to answer your questions assuming this:
You Do not plug it directly into the speaker. Not a good idea. Best way to use it is to run your guitar into it, then out into the FX Return of your head. If this gives zero signal, plug a lead going nowhere (ie, just dangling) into the send to see if that helps (some amps and equipment bypass unless both jacks are used ;) ). that's the way I use my rack preamp :)

If you want to run two preamps in series (ie, your amps preamp->rocktron preamp->power amp) the put the voodoo valve in the FX llop. Runnin two preamps is inadvisable, it won't give you a tighter sound, but it will make your rig very noisy and yuk up the sound.

As for changing settings quickly, get a midi control board and use that to change the presets. SHould allow more than just 1 distortion and 1 clean sound.

:)

Read through the manual as well, should tell you what's compatible and stuff :) and typical setups

Yeah, the Voodoo Valve is a preamp, run it like 7 Trees said.

Either that or if your head has a seperate preamp input/poweramp slave, you can use that too.