OK some one asked me who will be the next Anthrax singer..

Buzzard

"Fear the man"
Apr 22, 2002
Hoboken
www.billymilano.com
OK here is my pics..

Phil- Pantera.. very possible. Not a good match. Phil doesn't need Anthrax.
It would also be viewed as a desperation move for Phil and a desperation move for Anthrax. All bullshit Aside, Everyone would care for 5 minutes and after that they would play CHicago for the next 5 years once a month on a friday and every other monday at the beer and pretzle house. I still can't get passed the whole cashing in on Dimebags death thing. But Phil? in the same band as them? With that hanging over their heads? I think Phil would be better off OD'ing again.

Soil/Drowning pool guy- Good match. I think this is very likely.He is from that Chi town area. Which seems to be the only place Anthrax can play anyways..
But over all- This would be the right choice.

Ripper owens. Anthrax need him desperately.. My main pic for fav. They could make a screaming record as long as Chrlie doesn't write that lame ass shit he has written since the first Bush record. Ripper good! Charlie Writting BAD!!

Whitfield Crane. Not a good match. But then again not likely. People seem to think he would fit them well. Hm? I didn't know whitfield was so lame that he would fit..

Jon Bush- Good for the band, bad for Jon after he got fucked showing no integrity and rejoining the band? Well that's what ROb Caggiano did. Well, I guess no integrity and ANTHRAX fit well together.

Joey Belladonna. Bad idea. Can't really sing anymore. The 80's are done and so is your chance. Looks as old as charlie. Anthrax =old.. Lame all around.

OK here is my pics..

It would also be viewed as a desperation move for Phil and a desperation move for Anthrax. All bullshit Aside, Everyone would care for 5 minutes and after that they would play CHicago for the next 5 years once a month on a friday and every other monday at the beer and pretzle house. I still can't get passed the whole cashing in on Dimebags death thing. But Phil? in the same band as them? With that hanging over their heads? I think Phil would be better off OD'ing again.

Soil/Drowning pool guy- Good match. I think this is very likely.He is from that Chi town area. Which seems to be the only place Anthrax can play anyways..

Ripper owens. Anthrax need him desperately.. My main pic for fav. They could make a screaming record as long as Chrlie doesn't write that lame ass shit he has written since the first Bush record. Ripper good! Charlie Writting BAD!!

Whitfield Crane. Not a good match. But then again not likely. People seem to think he would fit them well. Hm? I didn't know whitfield was so lame that he would fit..

Jon Bush- Good for the band, bad for Jon after he got fucked showing no integrity and rejoining the band? Well that's what ROb Caggiano did. Well, I guess no integrity and ANTHRAX fit well together.

Joey Belladonna. Bad idea. Can't really sing anymore. The 80's are done and so is your chance. Looks as old as charlie. Anthrax =old.. Lame all around.

Phil is pretty busy with Down these days. i dont think he'd really consider a run with Anthrax.

anything from Soil/Drowning Pool sucks, but i cant see that guy in Anthrax.

Ripper Owens is comfortable in Iced Earth right now and fitting in well.

Whitfield Crane has a great voice, but i dont see it in Anthrax.

John Bush is the best thing that ever happened to Anthrax. if he goes back, good for them, but i'm hoping he'll concentrate on getting Armored Saint back out there.

Joey... his time has already come and gone.

I somehow can't really see Phil joining Anthrax. Scott might think they would sell more record with his name, but that just wouldn't be Anthrax. Ripper Owens is a great singer for sure, but he'd become a filler in any band... Whitfield Crane? Why?

I agree with everything Billy wrote except for his assesment of the last few Thrax albums. I think the Bush era music was pretty good. Not the greatest songwriting but still, good music. The last couple of albums with Joey just seemed to run into each other. They all sounded the same.

I vote for Axl singing for Anthrax.

Joey looks about as old as he is, but looks don't mean a thing and his voice has stood up well. Maybe he sounds dated, but I still listen to alot of twenty year old albums.

I would like to hear the Joey record that they "said" they were going to do for almost two years.

The CDC is the biggest joke ever! Crappy merch~ cheap uncentered print T-shirt, plastic bottle opener, and a laminate good for shows that will never happen. Anthrax has become such a string of dissapointments that I really wouldn't mind them imploding. I hope Frank can find a good gig, FUCK the rest of them.

I vote for a VH-1 series to find the new singer like that INXS show...ha!

They better not steal that...you guys are witnesses.

Well Scott is sort of a VH-1 regular whenever they cob-together those terrible Metal retrospectives. You know, the ones that leave most of the best bands, players and even whole sub-genres conspicuously out of the discussion, while heaping praise upon silly things like...oh, I dunno Public Enemy/Anthrax hybrids?!:rolleyes:

I agree with everything Billy wrote except for his assesment of the last few Thrax albums. I think the Bush era music was pretty good. Not the greatest songwriting but still, good music. The last couple of albums with Joey just seemed to run into each other. They all sounded the same.

I vote for Axl singing for Anthrax.

Have to disagree with your lyrical assesment. In my opinion the Bush era (besides being musically superior) is far better lyricwise than the Belladonna stuff. Just listen to Catharsis or Only versus Medusa or Skeleton in the Closet. Man, Scott became a much better, more true-to-life lyricist than ever before. Gone were the book reports and instead they focused on real people, real feelings and yada, yada, yada.

Yet, an opinion is an opinon....open to debate. So grab a Blatz and relax!!:kickass:

OK here is my pics..

It would also be viewed as a desperation move for Phil and a desperation move for Anthrax. All bullshit Aside, Everyone would care for 5 minutes and after that they would play CHicago for the next 5 years once a month on a riday and every other monday at the beer and pretzle house. I still can't get passed the whole cashing in on Dimebags death thing. But Phil? in the same band as them? With that hanging over their heads? I think Phil would be better off OD'ing again.

Phil--I dont think he is broke enough yet to even approach them, if he did Scott would prob drop a l;oad--getting the chance to fulfill his Dimebag trip

Soil/Drowning pool guy-the only Drowning pool song I know is bodies so I cant say either way

Ripper owens-Be the most logical choice for anthrax, can hit both ranges pretty well. Dont think this would work--Ripper has a strong personality and would conflict with Scott and Charlie

Whitfield Crane-almost killed Life of Agony and would certainly be the nail in the coffin for Anthrax. More suited for frat boy rock

Jon Bush-Once again, dont think he is broke enough to completely ditch his pride. Should stay in A.S.

Joey Belladonna-My fav out of the bunch, then again I grew up during this era of thrax. Glad to see Joey do to Scott what Scott did to him

MY choice for Anthrax leader--the grim reaper, because their career is on life support now and should let go

Maybe they should do an album with a different guest singer for every song. I'm sure they can find 10-12 different has-beens who'd like to revive a dying career...

Maybe they should do an album with a different guest singer for every song. I'm sure they can find 10-12 different has-beens who'd like to revive a dying career...

I'm curious who they believe their fan base is? A bunch of 40 year old overweight, balding dudes moshing with kids in some lame attempt to rekindle their youth is pathetic to say the least.

schenk i spent enough money on anthrax, i dont even listen to them anymore...

i've been off checking out other bands instead, they just really disappointed me.

i've wandered into the D & D metal section of symp X, rhapsody, dream theater and countless other bands repeatedly featured on 4urocknmetal.com

just wanted something different to listen to that wasn't on terrestial radio

schenk i spent enough money on anthrax, i dont even listen to them anymore...

i've been off checking out other bands instead, they just really disappointed me.

i've wandered into the D & D metal section of symp X, rhapsody, dream theater and countless other bands repeatedly featured on 4urocknmetal.com

just wanted something different to listen to that wasn't on terrestial radio

Symphony X - The Odyssey
Dream Theater - Images and Words

Perfect albums!

Agreed, the Bush era was definitely better than the 80's.

Phil- Pantera.. very possible. Not a good match. Phil doesn't need Anthrax. I still can't get passed the whole cashing in on Dimebags death thing. But Phil? in the same band as them? With that hanging over their heads? I think Phil would be better off OD'ing again.

Phil might go for it. Depends on how sweet a deal Anthrax offers him. If they're just gonna do Chi-town shows, then its not freakin likely. If they sell him on a national reawakening promo, then he might sign on.

Makes me wonder how much cash Anthrax actually culled from hyping Darrell's death on every street corner? They must've seen some royalties arrive in the mail after the first wave of "nostalgic reminiscings" but I really wonder what the total figure for album and other sales was...

Jurched