okay, help out a newbie asgaroth fan

:wave: hi tattooedsean666 and welcome to this forum :)
being a newbie myself to this band, i'm not qualified to express a detailed opinion, but i had the opportunity to listen to a couple of their songs and the first adjectives that come to my mind to describe the sound are rich and elaborated. lots of piano and keyboards to create atmosphere suddenly broken by a high-pitch growling which increases the tension, then on with moments of relative quiet followed by rushes of piano and growls again.
then again, as previously mentioned, i'm a newbie, so... i guess we should wait for our dear moderator and/or some guys of the band itself to give us a better review :p

uhmmm ok, let's see, how could I describe Asgaroth...uhmmm uhmmmmm
let's take Empreror, Immortal, Dark Throne and Burzum, then let's take put them in a bag, mix them well and throw them to the bottom of the river because they well damn suck! :p
And afterwards we can talk about Asgaroth from the scarcth. The only band I can really think of a "similar" evolution is Borknagar. They're not really similar, but both bands started as horrible pure black metal with the typical superfast drums, guitars and that horrible noice that they make to sound like vocals.
Then they started getting more melodical and ambiental, playing a loooot with keyboards and lowering the pace on the vocals reaching a mid-growl level which is much more healthy to me :p

And now (that is Redshift) Asgaroth is no longer a Death Metal band, but in some songs you can still heard the basis of it. It has lots of keyboards and huge number of different vocal registers.

I don't really know how to get deepper into a description of a band and also I wouldn't know how to label Asgaroth itself...I would suggest you consider them as a melodic death metal band with hints of black metal...

hope that helps...and hope to hear your opinion when you get the cd.

Also it would be amazing if you could post here a little review after the Milwaukee Metalfest concert. It definitely would be nice to know about it :)

fv

FatherVic said:
uhmmm ok, let's see, how could I describe Asgaroth...uhmmm uhmmmmm
let's take Empreror, Immortal, Dark Throne and Burzum, then let's take put them in a bag, mix them well and throw them to the bottom of the river because they well damn suck! :p

:lol: :lol: i started reading and thought "eing??? what a fully mistaken conception of asgaroth",but then i realized that the bag's destination was the crapper :D (together with the in flames' albums :lol: )

Fathervic's description is quite cool... (*feels to lazy to add sth/argue/ whatever* :rolleyes: )

Well, as a side note to the overview my friend FatherVic posted above, let's say that Asgaroth's music contains very different elements due to the very different tastes their members have fed over the years. A good proof of that is the King Crimson cover they recorded some years ago, for instance. :)

|ng.

I think Atmospherical melodic-Death influenced Black/Doom metal would say it all...

A sound not to far from parts of Katatonia, King Crimson, Early Arcturus, newer Dark Tranquillity and such mixed up come to mind...

Reactions: Rei Toei