old bands who record new stuff which blows...

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
So yesterday I finally listened to the new Faith or Fear CD. I literally had no clue they had a new one out. I picked up thier classic one a few months back again and it held up so well. Great from start to finish. The new one went more modern and too clean. Not catchy at all.

old stuff...

new stuff from Titanium

same goes for another favorite of mine....INC...Indestructable Noise Command...

old stuff...

new stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:
The last RW album is complete tripe if you ask me. They should have stopped after Victory and toured off their discography then.

:lol:

i mean maybe I need to revisit it, but outside of black dwarf, nothing on that album did it for me.

Man, Seven Silver keys, and Born in a Tank!!!

When that album came out was when I was getting more heavily into doom actually. It was a gateway album for me in a way.
I mean I was already familiar with a couple of their earlier ones, but that one actually got me extremely excited about the band.

There was also a TON of hype when that came out.

Let me guess.....
You are one of those "Candlemass began when Rob Lowe" joined kind of guy

Man, Seven Silver keys, and Born in a Tank!!!

When that album came out was when I was getting more heavily into doom actually. It was a gateway album for me in a way.
I mean I was already familiar with a couple of their earlier ones, but that one actually got me extremely excited about the band.

There was also a TON of hype when that came out.

Let me guess.....
You are one of those "Candlemass began when Rob Lowe" joined kind of guy

I am, but it had more to do with working at FYE. That's how I got into a lot of metal actually as we had a good catalog and I even made a metal section for the store. I know you don't consider them doom, but at that time I got into MDB and heard early and new stuff from Candlemass and we had "King" and it was my gateway to Candlemass and doom in general. I still like Lowe better as a singer, but the early Candlemass is still the best.

I seriously might unfriend you...................

When compared against Nightfall / Ancient Dreams / Tales of Creation... The white album is about half-baked, lol. I enjoy listening to it, but it can't top E.D.M, either. Of course, I thought the best Lowe album was KOTGI and DMD was weaker and PFTD was the weakest. But EDM/Nightfall/KOTGI/Tales are my favorite Candlemass albums (in that order).

Candlemass with Lowe isn't nearly as good as either Solitude Aeternus with Lowe or Candlemass with Messiah, but I still don't think it's at all bad.

I thought the new Sleepy Hollow was pretty crappy.

It is very difficult for older bands that have been apart for a while to comeback with a good album. Not only do they have the fact they have been apart for a while or out of "the game" but there is usually a high bar set for them that they almost never reach.
Then again their are some (several actually) that should just give it up. I could probably come up with a long list of these.:lol: I do however think one of the signs of just putting Yeller down is when the band is not really active and it is a major strain just to get a record recorded with only half of the original line up.

Morbid Angel...

However, bands like Beherit and Autopsy have had incredible success with their new albums. Heaven and Hell's "The Devil You Know" was pretty great too, while I'm sure the new Sabbath is going to be garbage.