introduce others to good bands thread!

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Let's start this thread and introduce each other to newer bands or bands that many may not have heard before. Lets go for newer bands or underground stuff. Or some older bands many may have passed over.

STONEWALL - great new band from Italy. Thier first album just came out on My Graveyard Records. really solid disc too from start to finish.

RULER - another My Graveyard Records release. Pretty good stuff as well. Another Italian band.

DEXTER WARD - great band from Greece. I cannot praise this band enough. Pure high energy and catchy songs. Get this album now.

for an old time classic.....WITCH CROSS - Hells Headbangers just rereleased a huge vinyl set and are working on the CD / DVD release for later this year.

another old band who is actually still around and writing more power metalish stuff is SKANNERS. this isnt the old power metal band who influenced Gamma Ray. Another Italian band.

here is a great song from thier latest one from last year...listen to the difference.

one last one....great old metal / hard rock band from the 80's....still writing great stuff but more modern hard rock than metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
That first band Stonewall sounds like Gamma Ray with less musical skills. Not bad though so I will check out more.

Dexter Ward sounded cool live but that studio track didn't really grab me. I will need to check out some albums.

Looking forward to getting that Witch Cross CD. I know you mentioned them before and I looked up some cool songs.

I think my favorite thing you posted was that Mad Max track.

The best band I've discovered in many years is Pettypew. No one's ever heard them because they're from the '90s and that's not cool. But if you're into Running Wild, early Blind Guardian, Helloween, Rage, and other German bands, you must hear them.

These two albums by White Skull are two of my favorite discs, period. I love this type of female fronted metal that actually has some power to it. Too bad this band went really downhill after the singer left and replaced her with a male.

never like Abraxas much.

Attack are another old 80's power metal act from Germany. Solid band. Their stuff is finally getting reprinted in limited editions....earlier pressings are expensive and hard to get.

When I first heard Abraxas a few years ago, I didn't like them either. Then I gave them another chance and was really blown away. Give 'em another try, you might be surprised. Even if you don't, check out their first EP, it's less proggy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCoTnBbOffY&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Australian heavy/power from some of the Martire/Cauldron Black Ram crew
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooUaQEXqMM8&feature=related[/ame]

total Sacrilege worship

epic Heavy Metal

found this on a comp....Italian Heavy Metal at its finest