the good and the bad.......

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
this thread is for non band stuff... we all know in other threads who people liked and didnt....this is for stuff about the show itself....

the good-

- food / bar / merch all inclusive...no having to walk a block to get food and miss out on the show.

- reggies being open early so you can get there early and eat and hang out

- the two stages were great to have because a wide variety of acts from new to old were able to play...one stage is less open for variety

- the balcony was a great place for vendors....I didn't vend but Jeremy and Mike can post how they felt it worked up there. Wish more bands put thier stuff up there because it got way to crowded up front.

the bad -

- wish the raffle was handled a tad better. Next year they definetly need to announce times the winners will get announced and really push the stuff they are raffling off. Easy money made here.

- with two stages people missed out on bands and other bands got zero crowd because they played against a heavy hitter or a band that people wanted to see more. Working on ways to fix this one.

I think the vending worked well upstairs, it was comfortable for us as well because we had the bench to sit down on behind the tables and stack stuff on. And we could see the stage easily and hear the music just fine. Mike and I briefly talked about possibly putting more bands up in the balcony next year(if we do Reggie's again). It seemed to work well for OZ and King Fowley, but again I think it needs to be announce on stage that there is more band merch and vendors at first because I dont think people knew OZ had stuff upstairs until after quite awhile.

I agree with the raffle. Last year it was done much better. It seemed they only pushed it towards the end, and it was only in the main room. Maybe someone should have mentioned it before sets in the second stage too.

I think another thing to maybe do is to post a board when bands are playing each day or maybe even hand out schedules to people. Once you're there, unless you physically print them out, it's hard to remember the times.

As for the positives, you pretty much said it all. Vendors were fantastic and set up very well. I had never been upstairs before actually and didn't know it was that spacious.

THE GOOD:
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich in the Music Joint.
- Vendor location. Would have been to crowded on the floor
- Ins and outs

THE BAD:
- Honestly...Nothing THAT critical. My only issue was just having to miss certain bands, but that's the Catch 22 with having two stages, so it comes with the territory.

All good suggestions. Mike, I was going to announce the vendors upstairs but got busy and then forgot. Remind me next year or just get on stage and do it. Raffle was fucked. Never should have waited til the end. Should have realized people would have been taking a shit or outside or on 2nd stage or didn't come back or left early or whatever happened. It was done that way because I sat up there forever calling numbers...feeling like an ass. Now I have 2 unclaimed prizes...one being the main prize. Now I have no clue of what to do with it. Pat is gladly holding the big ass banner. 2nd stage was popular definitely more time needed to see them, but it won't be a lot.....just like Jason said.

All good suggestions. Mike, I was going to announce the vendors upstairs but got busy and then forgot. Remind me next year or just get on stage and do it. Raffle was fucked. Never should have waited til the end. Should have realized people would have been taking a shit or outside or on 2nd stage or didn't come back or left early or whatever happened. It was done that way because I sat up there forever calling numbers...feeling like an ass. Now I have 2 unclaimed prizes...one being the main prize. Now I have no clue of what to do with it. Pat is gladly holding the big ass banner. 2nd stage was popular definitely more time needed to see them, but it won't be a lot.....just like Jason said.

Ill keep that in mind for next year, ill get on stage and tell people to buy shit.

And you can just go ahead and mail me that Ashbury LP, ill get framed and display it nicely.

It was pretty much all good.

The bad was I didn't win any raffles. Though I did walk away with the giant vinyl poster thanks to Odin. I am watching over it since no one claimed it with the winning ticket. It was cool last year when they had like 5-6 different rare records raffled. Lots of winners!

If the Ashbury record is unclaimed then you should give it to Mendoza. He wants the record more than anything and he is a huge supporter of the fest. Or ebay and use the proceeds to go to next year's fest.

The sound was amazing, the venue was perfect, merch area was awesome, bands were impeccable, hotel was close, really couldn't have asked for a better weekend. My only issue was having to run back and forth between Winterhawk and Shok Paris. I was not aware that there was even a raffle. I bought my ticket from a friend and wasnt given the raffle ticket. I would have bought a few if I would have known. Congrats on making this one of the most memorable weekends ever (this is including over several European fests).

I also lost my iphone (with hundreds of irreplaceable pics from the fest) and my Winterhawk shirt. I'm really devastated by the phone loss.

I assume you didn't have the Find My Phone app installed?

Hopefully it'll turn up for you!

I do, but its been saying the device is offline. I think one of the hotel staff took it, but you never know. I'm trying to remain optimistic, or at least not let myself believe that a fellow metal head would do something so abominable.

I do, but its been saying the device is offline. I think one of the hotel staff took it, but you never know. I'm trying to remain optimistic, or at least not let myself believe that a fellow metal head would do something so abominable.

don't put faith in someone just because they listen to metal.