Old, but so awesome

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
First discovered this in like '02 :D

Born to Shred II

SPEED = EMOTION :headbang:

Seriously, I know it's long, but there's just so much awesomeness and piss-taking (to quote them Redcoats :D) all the way up to the very end, awesome :headbang:

Well the title is "Born to Shred II" :D But yes, I know what you mean, though since endless pointless wanking is pretty much the most common manifestation of "speed" in many playing styles, it's understandable that people would feel that way (but IMO, speed if it's controlled and well phrased can be unbelievably exciting and really take me to the next level because of its power, see: Ghost Prototype I solo :headbang: )

Well the title is "Born to Shred II" :D But yes, I know what you mean, though since endless pointless wanking is pretty much the most common manifestation of "speed" in many playing styles, it's understandable that people would feel that way (but IMO, speed if it's controlled and well phrased can be unbelievably exciting and really take me to the next level because of its power, see: Ghost Prototype I solo :headbang: )

I'd rather hear mindless Cooley wank then some slob coppin SRV licks through a wah.

GP I is legit.

This video rules too.:yell:

It should never be about how fast or how slow someone is playing, it should just be about whether it sounds good or not. Because you can do really dull stuff both super fast and super slow.

I watched a cool vid of Greg Howe talking about contrast last night and I was like "Greg, you're a fucking man".

On topic.

These guys used to post on the Dream Theater forums years back. Cool players, douchey professional forumer types.

It should never be about how fast or how slow someone is playing, it should just be about whether it sounds good or not. Because you can do really dull stuff both super fast and super slow.

I watched a cool vid of Greg Howe talking about contrast last night and I was like "Greg, you're a fucking man".

On topic.

These guys used to post on the Dream Theater forums years back. Cool players, douchey professional forumer types.

Well Greg Howe is a fuckin ridiculous player. He looks at the guitar and it sounds good.

Try to imagine Mel Gibson in Mad Max, except he has grills, a gold plated AK-47 and "Thug Life" tattooed on his back. That's pretty much what you're looking at here.