Old Days

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
I was watch TOTP2 the other night and Headgirl were on playing Please Don't Touch.It made me think of conversations I have had with other old metal fans about the records you had to own.Here are the ones that always seem come up.

Axe Attack 1 or 2
motorhead-No Sleep Till Hammersmith
Spider-Here We Go rock n roll
Headgirl-That ep that i could never spell
Saxon Wheels Of Steel
Motorhead-Motorhead b\w Over The Top
Black Sabbath- Die Young

Do you agree.Any others?

It depends on your age group really. Albums that everyone had to have when I was young were,

Savatage - Hall of the Moutain King
Metallica - Master of Puppets
David Lee Roth - Eat em and Smile
Iron Maiden - Live after Death

Well here in the US when I was younger say 1984, we were all into Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. Those were the 2 big bands to my group of friends. Some of us were into the NWOBHM, but it was a passing thing by then. Def Leppard was big, but it was the beginning of the end for them as far as I was concerned. I remember thinking how great Accept were at the time too. Breaker, Restless and Wild, those were some great albums.

I remember the first time I ever heard Saxon. I was watching MTV and the Power and the Glory video came on. I was hooked. I ran out and got the album a few days later. Everyone I played it for loved it. I was very excited when I heard they were opening for Maiden. But I they got kicked off the tour. :(

Ahhhhhhhh memories:D

That Spider singkle was great.The a side was here we go rock n roll,which think Tommy Vance used for a Rock Show jingle. The b side was a track tittled Death Row which sarted with the band being sentanced to Death Row for playing "heavy metal rock n roll"
For me it around 81/82 so Number Of The Beast was the Maiden album to have. as for Priest it didnt matter wich album you had as long as you had one I had Point Of Entry.

Ahhhh....memories.....I also have most of the tracks Wilks mentioned at the start of this thread.....:D .....I also have stuff by Trespass, Hollow Ground and Witchfinder General .......and I am also a Civil Servant!! Very spooky!!!

You know what I had none of themthat you mentioned Eagle.I think I had witchfinder on tape along with a track by Prating Mantas called silver and gold I think.As for the other 2 I only know the names I shall see if I can find any tracks on the net.Did anyone see Venom on the 7 dates of hell tour . I wanted to go but me mam woud'nt let go to the gig as it was out of Leicester.I think Metallica supported.

Originally posted by Paxoman
Tygers of Pang Tang had a song called Silver and Gold Wilks, don't know if that is the song you are thinking of.

I've never heard of Hollow Ground, that's a band that I obviously missed out on!

The only good Tygers of Pan Tang album even worth a listen is Spellbound.