Old Days

Thats the one Eagle.I have not heard that tune in I bet 20 years.I don't think I would know it if it walked up to me and hit me with a wet kipper.
Twisted Tony what did you think of the cage album? I thought it was a cracking album Paris by air is one of the nwobhm classics.What did you all think to the Americain stuff of the time(early 80s)?

The albums to have when I was growing up were

1. Led Zep first, sec etc..
2. Van Halen first
3. Montrose 1st, Paper Money
4. Black Sabbath 1st 2nd etc..
5. Judas Preist just about all
6. Thin Lizzy Shades, etc...

Damn I'm old

I have been told that Montrose are a great band.Did'nt they have a real guitar God called Ronnie.I have to admit that I don't think I have heard evan 1 song by them.What was the best song they did?

Yeah they did have a great guitarist Ronnie Montrose and Sammy Hagar was the vocalist, the first and second albums are consider there best.

However, I just picked up there later releases and there not to bad either
as far as songs it's hard to say actually cause like Saxon there's alot to like.

WILKS said:
I have been told that Montrose are a great band.Did'nt they have a real guitar God called Ronnie.I have to admit that I don't think I have heard evan 1 song by them.What was the best song they did?

WILKS said:
Cheers mate I shall see what I can find on the net,:)

Wilks,if you are thinking of checking out Sammy Hagar he's got a Classic Masters (Best of) CD coming out 17/03/03 and you can get it for 6.99 GBP at www.play.com INCLUDING delivery! It contains 'This Planet's on Fire' which I think is worth 7 quid on it's own.

Thanks Bert.There are loads of Amricain bands I am just starting to discover.The next band I am going to check out is BOA.All I know is there singer was called Jim Dandy and they used to get talked about a lot in Kerrang when I was a yoof.

Wilks heres a interesting note if you look at the vocalist for BOA he was the model for David Lee Roth of Van Halen fame the look and atitiude are the same

WILKS said:
Thanks Bert.There are loads of Amricain bands I am just starting to discover.The next band I am going to check out is BOA.All I know is there singer was called Jim Dandy and they used to get talked about a lot in Kerrang when I was a yoof.