old demos up

chupe666

You may enter up to 25 ch
Apr 11, 2002
Where you live
www.chupetunes.com
a while back, i mentioned possibly putting up some 4-track demos i had of old ND stuff. finally got finished with it (sorry, been consumed with house renovations). i found one tape with actual 4-track separated versions of a couple tunes and was able (after fighting with them in protools free) to get something halfway decent. there are 4 tunes in all right now, and i have an early 2-guitar version of All the Beauty Twice Again from Sculptured Ivy i might put up as well.

just remember, these are mediocre home demos, and shine about as bright as a freshly stepped on turd. but you can hear what changed from my home versions to the final recorded tracks. there are also two songs we never used; i thought someone might be interested in hearing things the band might have done at that time. there are notes (i'm long winded) explaining them. let me know what you think (other than "GEEZ YOUR TIMING SUCKS, MANG.").

http://www.chupetunes.com/NovembersDoom.html

Just listened to the Demos. I could listen to that demo version of Awaken all day long! The Knowing is simply amazing. I love hearing raw versions of tracks like this. The untitled tracks almost have an "emo" edge to them. I can hear the Portishead influence slightly (from what little PH I have heard). Have you heard of SLINT? Their guitars sound similar as well.

Hey Eric. Very cool stuff. It really brought back memories to hear these versions. I even clearly remember the two we didn't use as well. If you ever come accross another tape, please do the same with them. I think giving people the chance to hear how some of this starts is a pretty rare opportunity.

thanks all. they're just for some insight into that developmental process, to show things aren't always a single way right from the start. i'll keep an eye out for any more, but i think this is most of what i have. my 4-track broke prior to recording The Knowing so i only have some plain tape-recorded guitar tracks of developmental ideas for later stuff, and those aren't decent enough to post.

jasonic- thanks! i haven't really heard any Slint, i'll have to check that out.

Yup, very nice Eric ! You wrote beautiful melancholic music in those times, it should be difficult to get the mood to do it.
I have uploaded the songs to my mp3 reproductor, cool stuff to hear quietly at night

this is a rare treat indeed. i especially liked Untitled Track #2 i liked the build and the overall feel. thanks for sharing. this reminds me of all the demos i have done in the last 10 of shroud. that's the best part of music i think. the creating process!

\m/