Old School union at Prog Power ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
While the only band at the event that would qualify as "oldschool" would be Savatage, this would be a great show for the UM Oldschool crowd to get together. This event will sell out quick though. It's ten bands and two days of hell-raising.

Tickets go on sale May 1st at 10:00am EST via all Ticketmaster outlets. Only 900 regular tickets will be made available to the public. Cost is $95 for a two day pass. www.progpowerusa.com

Bryant

That would be a cool trip. The only band I would want to see is Savatage. But I sure don't think I can make it :(

Well I am certainly lucky in the fact that I am 90 miles from Atalanta, but I use PP as a small "vacation." If it were moved somewhere else, I would still go though. Nothing against you young guys, but the average age of attendence is about 31. We need a few more young guys (to include gals of course >P~) to attend though.
The crowd itslef considering it comes from all over the US (and the average age) is somehow unique from other concerts as well. You get a big collection of some real fans around there.
It was funny as at PPIV I wanted to find Vanden Plas (my fav band) when I was there. Well they found me instead. The guitarist (Stephan Lill) recognized me in the bathroom of all places from pictures I had posted on their message board and he was just as excited to see me (and other American VP fans) as I was to see him and his bandmates. Many of the bands at every PP make their American debut as the prog and power scene just isn't enormous here and they can't really get any big shows here to make it worth their trip except at events like this.
Not that PP doesn't have some big boys on the roster every year like Savatage, Symphony X and Nightwish but these high quality lesser known bands bust their ass every year at this show.

Bryant

I'd love to see Savatage, as a matter of fact, i'd sell my soul for it(don't hold me to that...), but man! It's so expensive! Money is the only thing in my way.

JonnyD said:
Bryant My Buddy Jesse and I are going to drive down ..... There is NO fucking way in hell I'm Missing Savatage and Edguy in the same show ..... I cant Miss it I wont Miss it!
Cool !! Tickets go on sale May 1st ? It's on the Prog Pwer website.

Problem is, there is only 900 available to the general public. It sells out pretty quick. Also the Best Western, the motel where most of the bands stay is probably already booked up. Fortunately there are about four motels in walking distance of the venue as well as food places, so driving isn't really a necessity for people that are considering flying in.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Cool !! Tickets go on sale May 1st ? It's on the Prog Pwer website.

Problem is, there is only 900 available to the general public. It sells out pretty quick. Also the Best Western, the motel where most of the bands stay is probably already booked up. Fortunately there are about four motels in walking distance of the venue as well as food places, so driving isn't really a necessity for people that are considering flying in.

Bryant

So that means I gotta get the Tickets Asap!!! I'm really lookin forward to this its gonna be fukin cool :D

JonnyD said:
So that means I gotta get the Tickets Asap!!! I'm really lookin forward to this its gonna be fukin cool :D
I think they go on sale May 1st, but be ready to purchase when the time comes. Man it will be cool as hell to meet you in real life. I am sure Jesse is a cool guy as well or ya'll wouldn't be tight. I will be hanging with some of my buds from the Queensryche newsgroup (though we hardly ever talk about Queensryche.) They are all cool as hell too. They would be pleased to meet you. There also may be a couple of people from the Vanden Plas message board I know that will be there too. They are also cool. We will have a blast.

Bryant

baldyboy said:
sorry bryant,you gotta count me out-unless you can persuade glen to book us!!
on a more serious note though,i'd love to hook up with you guys in the future.
if only we were touring the states.maybe one day eh?!
Baldy (Luke) you are one cool guy. I hope I can meet you one day in person. Your guitarists also seem very nice. America is not a hotbed for metal right now, but I hope that changes.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I think they go on sale May 1st, but be ready to purchase when the time comes. Man it will be cool as hell to meet you in real life. I am sure Jesse is a cool guy as well or ya'll wouldn't be tight. I will be hanging with some of my buds from the Queensryche newsgroup (though we hardly ever talk about Queensryche.) They are all cool as hell too. They would be pleased to meet you. There also may be a couple of people from the Vanden Plas message board I know that will be there too. They are also cool. We will have a blast.

Bryant

Thats cool man we can all party! it will be great to meet you to man its been a long time coming lol and hell just imagine how much fun we will have laughing at each others accents :loco: I also wouldnt mind meeting some ummmm more famous ppl if ya know what I mean I'd shit myself if I could meet Jon Oliva

baldyboy said:
sorry bryant,you gotta count me out-unless you can persuade glen to book us!!
on a more serious note though,i'd love to hook up with you guys in the future.
if only we were touring the states.maybe one day eh?!
Baldy (Luke) you are one cool guy. I hope I can meet you one day in person. Your guitarists also seem very nice. America is not a hotbed for metal right now, but I hope that changes.

Bryant