Old swedish guitar tone (HM-2, Amplitube Metal, S2.0). Rate please :)

Urgul

Jun 6, 2007
Poland
www.soundclick.com
Here's short tonetest I did using HM-2 and Amplitube Metal + S2.0. I did it for a band I'm recording at the moment. They wanted old swedish guitar tone with some "modern touch".
What do you guys think about this mix? Is it any good? Any comments would be great :kickass::worship:

Guitar chain was: LTD EC-1000 (drop B tuning) + HM-2 + Amplitube Metal (+some EQ etc.)
Bass is a pitch shifted guitar.
Drums are all S2.0 (no samples replacement).

Here's the link to the file:
http://www.box.net/shared/k3gv08113d

Michal

I like the guitar tone. I don't quite understand the guitar chain, though. Did you plug the HM-2 into a DI box? Did you bypass anything in amplitube?

Checkout my thread called "My attempt at the Sunlight Studios tone" on this page

Thanks for your input :)
I pluged guitar to HM-2 and then HM-2 to a mixer Soundcraft Compact 10. In Amplitube I've choosen Metal Clean T in PRE MODEL and that's it. I didn't bypass anything in Amplitube.

I didn't use any external impulses, the cab simulation is from Amplitube (and it's the default one (4x12 Metal T 1, Dynamic 57), I didn't change anything) ;)
I've just run Amplitube Metal and changed PRE MODEL to Metal Clean T only (and changed EQ a bit) and that's it. The rest were default settings :)

hi i really liked the tone you got from the hm-2 pedal can you record a raw double track sample(just guitars) direct? i want to test it with impulses, i would greatly appreciated thankyou!!