Old West-influenced Metal

Carpe Mortem

Benevolently Batshit
Aug 21, 2013
So I've been all about the spaghetti western shit lately and can't think of a single truly heavy band that incorporates the elements I love. I'd think something more along the lines of stoner would be best, but really open to anything.

Specifically, I'd like to hear things such as the following, set to a different scene:

These dudes are close, wish it was heavier though-

And ESPECIALLY shit like what starts at 1:44-

Last edited by a moderator:
All good shit, thanks dudes. Especially that Leeches of Lore, they really got the classic western score shit I was going for down, sans the 'I'm a tough guy' thing that makes me not like Pantera.

If there's anything that would satisfy the description of 'post-spaghetti western- metal', I'd really love to hear that kind of thing too. Keep them recs comin.

Stone cold metal by Ensiferum is about as spaghetti western as it gets! Even has what sounds like a badass banjo solo!

not metal but Man's Gin "Smiling Dogs" album is very much dirty, gritty, post whatever dark Americana. It's good stuff

Dezperadoz
Their first album which isn't their best has Tom Angelripper from Sodom on it. But the band is his producer/guitarist's Alex Kraft

I've listened to the Desperadoz didn't know there was a Sodom connection. They had some good tracks but wasn't a huge fan. Maybe I only listened to the first album.

Untamed Land was sweet spot on with your recs cig

Reactions: CiG