Death metal online collab, OLD SKOOL \m/

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
Yo dudes, my own band is going very slowly, and to be honest I'm not sure is even going to work out, so I thought that a side project might be fun...

I'm a huge fan of old skool death metal, Florida Death is the best death metal you will get :D so this would be in the style of bands like Obituary and Death.

Because it is a online collab, this will be staying as a project, or a studio project, this means we can edit and cut it to shit because we won't have to perform the songs in front of anyone lol

I want to do the rhythm guitars, and for now I can do the drum programming, so what this project needs is a

Rhythm Guitar - Muckypup1
Bassist - DanLights
Vocalist - GarethSE/JoshSylosis
Drum Programming - Muckypup1/Amarshism/JoshSylosis
Lead Guitarist - Amarshism/JoshSylosis

Drum machines are easier so they might be what gets used, unless a really good drummer comes along!

I'd kind of like to get a raw EP done, of brutal old skool death metal, a tribute to all the old death metal bands that have influenced us death metal heads, so if YOU are a real death metal fan, and are able to record in high quality, and want to make some real death metal, then just post here or hit me up on MSN at muckypup1@gmail.com

If anyone is interested, I'll edit the first post and put your names up

I don't want a bunch of dweeps posting who aren't actually going to do anything though, so if you don't think you are up to it, or aren't serious about making some good death metal, then don't fuckin' post!

And the last thing is, this isn't going to be ultra technical shit like Decapitated, as good as they are, its just too hard to play, this is going to be old skool and rough like Obituary \m/

SO dudes, get posting :kickass:

I know you're wanting that old school vibe, but does that mean the songs are going to be recorded in standard E tuning?
The only guitar I have tuned to E standard is my bass.

I know you're wanting that old school vibe, but does that mean the songs are going to be recorded in standard E tuning?
The only guitar I have tuned to E standard is my bass.

Yep, most of the stuff will probably be in standard E or down half a step, but the 7 string might make a appearance :D After all, Morbid Angel used them!

I vaguely remember reading a suggestion someone mentioned about starting a collab/etc section. Perhaps that needs to happen?

P.S. Blame Dio. Its his fault there are so many tribute threads.

I'd be interested in doing some leads or extra rhythm guitars. I actually have a song tabbed out in Guitar Pro format that I'm not doing anything with ATM.

posting in another muckypup forum collab topic \o/

also what
THIS IS A STUDIO PROJECT SO WE CAN EDIT IT AND NOT PLAY IT PROPERLY IN THE FIRST PLACE
i fail to see anything about that statement that reflects old school death metal
you wouldnt catch immolation dead editing their fuckin guitars and chopping them up like a schizophrenic miss may i fan, no offense to schizophrenics or miss may i fans intended.

posting in another muckypup forum collab topic o/

also what
THIS IS A STUDIO PROJECT SO WE CAN EDIT IT AND NOT PLAY IT PROPERLY IN THE FIRST PLACE
i fail to see anything about that statement that reflects old school death metal
you wouldnt catch immolation dead editing their fuckin guitars and chopping them up like a schizophrenic miss may i fan, no offense to schizophrenics or miss may i fans intended.

I'm not going to be editing my guitars, I think that edited guitars take all the soul out of the playing, this is staying old skool and raw! I kind of meant for anyone else if they wanted to, they could, but maybe I'll edit the first post and change this, because I don't want this to have that over edited sound.

Any chance you might be up for doing vocals? :D

i may well be up for doing some vocals if this gets to the point where vocals are needed
but how many collab threads have been started that havent even gotten to the writing phase?
pardon my cynicism. ^_^

if it gets there and it turns out good though, consider me down for it

i may well be up for doing some vocals if this gets to the point where vocals are needed
but how many collab threads have been started that havent even gotten to the writing phase?
pardon my cynicism. ^_^

if it gets there and it turns out good though, consider me down for it

Cool man \m/ I know what you mean as well, almost all the collab projects haven't ever got started, but I've already got half a song written for this, so hopefully once a few more members come, it will kick off :D

Over the months I've seen a few of mucky's collab threads appear and fizzle. It'd be good to see one make through to a completed project :headbang:

Hey dude... I know it isn't Florida Old School Death Metal, but because I've searched through pages and pages of threads and couldn't find any of your old collab threads.... in case you have any drop tuned groove oriented stuff you're still interested in.... I was wondering if either of the tracks in this post tickle your fancy.
If not, thats cool too. I've got some stuff I've written that was geared towards old school death/thrash I could dig up and share.
At the moment, it was easier to show you the other two because I use the wife's computer for internet as mine doesn't touch foot online being a workhorse only.

I'd be up for doing something. Vocals, leads, drum programming etc

I did an old school DM side thing a while ago. Tuned to E standard too.

http://www.myspace.com/vicioustyrant

Awesome man! I'm sue there will be a place for you :headbang:

This. And 80% are started by Sonny.

I´m still waiting for you to record guitars on the grind song I wrote on the FIRST collab you posted dude

Thats not true, all those threads are for the Dio tribute, which you have control over :D

That grind collab was never going to work, no one recorded anything, and after trying to track the guitars for that song, my RSI injuries fired up again, so I had to take like a month long break before I could play for 5 minutes again...

I'm serious about this one, and I've been doing a lot of practise and I'm sure I'll be up the task of playing it :D