Death metal online collab, OLD SKOOL \m/

Well the tribute threads is only one tribute, just different songs with different members, sorry about cluttering the main thread with that. The collab threads, you've been going from genre to genre for a few months now, and I was really really excited over the drone project, things were moving really good on that one.

Anyways, I hope this can get to something good, I´d be more than willing to do bass and/or vocals if needed, I can do anything from E standard to A Standard, personally I would like to do D standard cause I love that tuning and it works well for old school DM

Well the tribute threads is only one tribute, just different songs with different members, sorry about cluttering the main thread with that. The collab threads, you've been going from genre to genre for a few months now, and I was really really excited over the drone project, things were moving really good on that one.

Anyways, I hope this can get to something good, I´d be more than willing to do bass and/or vocals if needed, I can do anything from E standard to A Standard, personally I would like to do D standard cause I love that tuning and it works well for old school DM

Cool dude, I was thinking that D standard would work well with this, and because I've got a 7 string that would also mean A standard :D But sections that low will only come sometimes, old school death metal sounds better when its in D standard.

The drone/doom project was going good, its a shame everything kind of slowed down, maybe once this one and the Dio tribute are over we could revive it, doom kicks ass :D

Well now we have a decent line up of people ready, work on writing can begin now :D

I was thinking that Guitar Pro or Tux Guitar would be best, its easy to use and Tux Guitar is free.

To get stuff started I could write a rough idea of a song, with rhythm guitars and some rough drums and then we could work from there?

yeah dude I have Guitar pro, never used tux guitar but it's free right? so if that is used I'll download it and learn how to use it. tab down any ideas you got and you can link it here and someone else can add to it

Its just like Guitar Pro but you don't have the RSE engine and its free.

I'll get some ideas down and post them soon!

Well, fook. I guess I'll just have to watch

But seriously, why don't you guys use real drums rather than drum programming? I could do real drums.

Well, fook. I guess I'll just have to watch

But seriously, why don't you guys use real drums rather than drum programming? I could do real drums.

If the drums were written in a tab program, would you be able to play what was written? If you can do it that way then sure, your in man!

Yes, probably. Unless it's blastbeats at 300 bpm, which it shouldn't be since this is supposed to be old school :lol:

If I can't do it you guys can always use the programmed ones as a backup

Yes, probably. Unless it's blastbeats at 300 bpm, which it shouldn't be since this is supposed to be old school :lol:

If I can't do it you guys can always use the programmed ones as a backup

I'm sure that there won't be any blast beats, at least none that are at that speed haha, I'll add you to the first post then man!

Dude I would love to have real drums on this, if you could do that it would be marvelous

+1 real drums would be much better :D

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye on this thread for when you guys are ready for me. If you want, I can actually try to write drum parts, as opposed to just following the programmed drums. Up to you of course.

I think it´s always cooler when the drummer is the one who comes up with his own lines. Although if we write in Gp it´s most natural to write at least some basic drum beats to it, but personally I would invite you to make them your own

I'd prefer it if you wrote the drum tracks, but its much easier to write riffs to rough drum lines/beats in guitar pro, so if you could edit the guitar pro drum tracks to what you want it would be best, of when you record them you could change it to how you want.

Also, I wrote this late last night - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/WOMB RIP - SONG 1.tg

Its got rough drums and some crappy lead guitar, but I thought that the basic knuckle-dragging riff would work well for a intro, or first song where its mainly soloing, Obituary style :D

EDIT - Tux Guitar tab only at the moment dudes I'm afraid, its free though, and a tiny download haha, I can't get it to save as a guitar pro tab at the moment

Sounds pretty cool dude, I like the main riffs, and I know it's supposed to have vocals on top but it still sounds a bit too repetitive to me, maybe if I add a few more stuff and separate the repeating riffs from each other it would take better form? I'll see what I can come up with

Yeah, I thought it was getting repetitive, but I just didn't have the time to change it :D

Change it and see what you can do, anything will be good as long as it makes it more interesting haha

As in some of your other threads i once again like to offer my services (aka drumming skills) to you. One of my buddies has a little studio which i can use for drumrecording, and i probably gonna buy a new interface from my upcoming paycheck (i think it's gonna be the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40). I listened to the song idea and i already got some of my own ideas for it. Might post something for that later on.

For some reference, check the MySpace of my old band, it's got 4 tracks from our full-length from 2009. I think it falls in the category of progressive death metal, the music is pretty diverse and i can definitely say the drums are too. Offcourse that's not all of my abillities, but i think it's a pretty solid mix between technical abilities and playing in service of the song. Enough spam ;)