Oldest Riot video I've seen!

Neat stuff, thanks for diggin' this one up.

Wow....that is cool! :headbang:
I have a b&w Swords & Tequila era show on vid, but there is an annoying time stamp on the feed. I guess I should probably dig that up and convert it to DVD anyway.....

Mark Reale with real hair!!! :loco:

Thanks for posting. After Savatage, Riot is my all-time fave band and it´s always fun watching things like these.

I love all Riot eras but in my opinion there´s nothing like "Thundersteel", a perfect power metal album.

Dubya, is this the one you're talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qjyd8qzpj4

I could have sworn it was b&w, but it's ben SO long since I saw it. I know I have it though, I'll rummage through the boxes of tapes this weekend....As there wasn't a lot of Riot vid from the Speranza era, I'd bet this is the one... Cool, it's already out there! :headbang:

Edit: And by Swords & Tequila era show, I meant Fire Down Under era... Doh! Best album they ever did, IMO. Still love the newer stuff, but FDU was THE shit back then!

Edit: And by Swords & Tequila era show, I meant Fire Down Under era... Doh! Best album they ever did, IMO. Still love the newer stuff, but FDU was THE shit back then!

I agree. I never liked the later stuff as much as the first three with Speranza. I bought "Rock City" in 1977 when it came out. Liked the band right away. And they only got better with every release thereafter. "Fire Down Under" and "Narita" are my favorites.

There are moments I like "Narita" just as much or even better than "Fire Down Under" although "Fire Down Under" will always be special because of the huge fight they had to put up to release it.

Thanks for posting this! I've got on VHS somewhere RIOT live around 1981 (probably the same as the "Swords and Tequila" video here). Always liked these guys and they were ahead of their time for sure.

- James