OMG - Bacon!!!

I made bacon/chocolate chip rice krispie treats for the potluck I went to this past Friday night. Total fucking win.

I successfully came home with 3 bottles of wine from Maynard James Keenan's vineyard last year on an airplane. However, I had to pack them up in their own boxes and check them. They wouldn't let me have them on me. I think the rule is now you can't have more than 3oz of any kind of liquid on your person or in your carry-on bags.

Yeah you can put it in checked bags, or if you get it in duty free, you can stow it in carry-on as long as you don't bring it out. They make it a pain for those of us you who tend not need anything but carry-on.

overthetop.jpg

3267540529_9e81d70185_o.jpg

I successfully came home with 3 bottles of wine from Maynard James Keenan's vineyard last year on an airplane. However, I had to pack them up in their own boxes and check them. They wouldn't let me have them on me. I think the rule is now you can't have more than 3oz of any kind of liquid on your person or in your carry-on bags.
Oh, I want to go there, too! How is it? Did you meet him? Does he have his own shop there? I used be a HUGE tool fan, but not anymore really... However, still wanna go there.

Oh, I want to go there, too! How is it? Did you meet him? Does he have his own shop there? I used be a HUGE tool fan, but not anymore really... However, still wanna go there.
It's really good actually. The only taste I've had was a sampling at the vineyard. I pulled a stupid and only bought one bottle for myself. I'm saving it for a very special occasion :) But I sure wish I would have gotten one more for myself (the other two were gifts for friends) so I could have drank one and kept the other.

He has his own vineyard in a collection of wineries. There are 4 or 5 different winemakers all using the same ground to grow their grapes and he's one of them. I didn't meet him because I don't think he's there all the time, but I did see a picture of him on the wall with a bunch of other people at a table all drinking wine. I assumed it was all the people that use the ground in that spot. He looked astonishingly normal in that picture. Also, the guy running the place told me that his music revolves around his wine schedule. He won't tour or be too busy to maintain his vineyard when he needs to. I guess wine comes first for him.

If you get a chance, I recommend trying the Chupacabra, as that's what I got and it's all I've tried. I'm sure his others are good too.

031208331.jpg

Didn't get to go down there, but the vineyards are beyond those trees.

031208332.jpg

031208333.jpg

It's happening. Depending on my work status, there may not be as much alcohol in years past, but it's happening.

And it is May 15th, for sure. I checked...:loco:

A...hem.

Depending on whether or not I get the job I'm interviewing for tomorrow, Carne Con may have to be moved to the 16th or 17th.

This job's hours are 10 PM to 6:30 AM Tues - Sat. I'm not sure if that means I go in on Tuesday at 10 PM, or get off on Tues at 6:30 in the morning. I shall have to find this out.