OT: Food & Dessert

Ah yes, Kopi Luwak !!! I was given a 1/2 lb of this ULTRA expensive coffee bean for my birthday from a certain generous drummer-girl. I had heard yarns and tales of this mystic beverage over the years but had never tried it. Shortly after my birthday, Motorhead's guitarist Phil Campbell and I returned to my humble abode at about 4:00 AM, both completely off our faces, so we decided to throw caution to the wind and try a cup of the elusive nectar of the gods....Kopi Luwak! It was Wonderful, Decadent and Tasted Great (considering it costs about $75 an 8oz cup it bloody well should!). I next had a cup with Riggsy one evening. We now refer to it as "Monkey Poop Coffee". Regretably, the lovely Miss Courtney who is one of the biggest coffee junkies around refuses to try even a small sip. Alas, perhaps one day ! If any one of you ever gets the chance (before you make THAT face) give it a try. But be warned, it can be an expensive Jones and a cruel mistress! It's God's way of telling you that you don't make enough $$$$$$$$$$$.

Who in god's name was the moe that looked at a pile of Civet crap and figured mmmmmm.........:puke:

Kopi Luwak reminds me of that one scene in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.

Austin: "This coffee smells like shit!"
Basil: "It is shit, Austin."
Austin: "Oh, it's not just me."

*Slurp*

Austin: "It's a bit nutty."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn, the withdrawal syndromes are already kicking in for me. I'm sure John over in Afghanistan feels the same way as well. It's been over six months since I left L.A., and now I'm craving not only for In-N-Out Burger and Jamba Juice, but also my other all-time favorites:

Bob's Big Boy, Burbank, CA - Chili & Spaghetti Size
The Bear Pit, Mission Hills, CA - The Kodiak
Curry House, Little Tokyo, CA - Hamburger or Chicken Katsu Curry on Spaghetti Noodles (Extra Hot Curry)
Orochon Ramen, Little Tokyo, CA - Anything under Special 1 level (unless your pain threshold is high).

Hey Kirsten, got any cool Vegan dishes to share with us? :)

You'll just have to wait for publication of the Sticky Fingers Bakery cookbook. :p heh heh

Actually, in truth, many good vegan recipes abound on the internet and elsewhere. But I will tell ya that the place with the best veggie burgers is Johnny Rockets. Mmmm, I love me some of them.

Not a vegan. But I have to agree that the Johnny Rockets Veggie Burger is awesome. Also, the Carl's Jr. $6 Portobello Mushroom burger (WITHOUT the burger) is damn good. I don't if its strict enought o be called vegan, tho'.

Not a vegan. But I have to agree that the Johnny Rockets Veggie Burger is awesome. Also, the Carl's Jr. $6 Portobello Mushroom burger (WITHOUT the burger) is damn good. I don't if its strict enought o be called vegan, tho'.

Just had me one of them Johnny Rockets Streamliner (veggie) burgers last night. Mmm mmm, good. Burger King does a good veggie burger, too. I just order it without the mayo to "veganize" it.

So yesterday, I went to a McDonald's and saw one of their commercials playing on the TV. Now who in here dips their fries in their sundae? :puke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VdG8eCxors]McDonald's Commercial[/ame]

Here's a little something for Courtney. :kickass:

CIMG1365.jpg

I've been banned from my local muckdonalds twice now.

First time for parking in the grill order parking bay, there were no other spaces, after about 10 mins i was asked to move my car I refused, they said but its grill order parking only, and I said this is a fast food restaurant and I've been in the queue for 15 mins. Your call.

Next time it was because I asked for a large salt with fries.

Have no sense of humour the staff in my local muckdonalds.

KFC to unleash the Double Down sandwich, we celebrate by cracking the code

"Over at The Consumerist, they’ve been following KFC’s new (and revolting) Double Down sandwich. In case you’re new to the story, the Double Down is a bacon and cheese sandwich, with two slabs of fried chicken replacing the bread, and a mystery yellow substance they’re calling 'The Colonel’s Sauce' (a name that implies more intimacy with the Colonel than, we hope, is actually involved). After months of rumors and marketing teasers, the Double Down is finally real, with a scheduled release date of Monday, Apr. 12 at a KFC near you.

As vegans, we’re of course bound by blood oath to be outraged by meat surrounded by meat and drizzled in dairy, especially when mass-produced by a megacorp dedicated to poisoning as many people worldwide as possible. But sometimes something is just too ridiculous to hate, and like a game of culinary marry-fuck-kill, we saw the Double Down and chose 'fuck.' So with that, I present: The Vegan Double Down"

You gotta check it: http://vegansaurus.com/post/498511783/vegan-double-down

Now I wanna get me some of that--YUM! :loco: