Karen's Cook Book

Marinated roast:
In a jar put a lot of meat (good meat, not the cheap crap)
Fresh tomatoes either cut or pureed
beer
lemon juice
Parsley
dill
(how much doesn't make a difference since I never measure)

Let it sit in the fridge for a few days.
Put it in a baking pan (everything in the jar)
put it in the oven until fully cooked.

Yum

shaorma/kebab
ingrediens
tortilla (for shaorma), bun for kebab
fries
tomatoes
garlic+mayonese
roasted chicken breast cut in small pieces
kechup
maybe cabbage if you like it
combine them in a burito like thing or a hamburger.
Enjoy
best turkish food ever!!!!

Oh yeah! TATER TOT CASSEROLE!

1lb ground beef
1 bag of frozen tater tots
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 bag shredded cheese

Pre-heat oven to 400. Fry up the hamburger in a skillet and drain. Well the hamburger is cooking, mix the two cans of soup together in a big bowl. Add a small splash of milk to help with mixing if desired. When the hamburger is done and drained, put it in a casserole dish. Put half the bag of tater tots on top of the hamburger and then a bit of cheese. Then pour half of the soup mix and spread it around evenly. Add the rest of the tater tots and then the rest of the soup. Add a nice layer of cheese on the top and then bake for 45 minutes. Pull it out and let it stand for 5-10 minutes because it will be HOT. You can put some ketchup or ranch on it, LOTS of pepper and you'll be set!

This meal guarantees mouth orgasms. Ask Derick, or Tyler.

And for BBQ chicken, may I suggest this marinade... Soy Sauce, Ginger, and chopped garlic. Just put enough of everything in a plastic bag with the chicken and let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours or so. It's awesome.

Cut 2 or 3 chicken breasts into pieces no bigger than 1&1/2 inche cubes and fry in a little oil until the meat is cooked all the way through and is browning, remove from the pan and set aside.

Heat a large wok (or a large frying pan will do) until the pan in really hot before doing anything.

Add a little vegetable oil to the pan and heat until it's smoking hot before adding the following in this order:

(keep stirring throughout, add the ingredients one by one and make sure they're well mixed in before adding the next)

2 Onions (smaller than tennis balls, cut really chunky)

Wait until the onions start to soften before adding

1 tin of plum tomatoes (chop the tomatoes up)

Turn the heat down a bit here, once the tomatoes start cooking

1 chicken stock cube
Sprinkle of Garlic powder
Big sprinkle of Coriander leaves (cilantro for the Americans among us)
Lemon Juice
3/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
1 teaspoon Fenugreek
Green chilies (cut lengthways)

When the sauce is cooking nicely, add the chicken to the pan. Turn up the heat until it's almost boiling (you need the extra heat to compensate for the relatively cooler meat you've just stuck back in the pan) then let it simmer for a while.

If you find it's looking dry, add a bit of water, stir it in and carry on simmering.

Because the meat is cooked, you can pretty much eat it any time after simmering for 5 minutes or so, but the longer you leave it the better it will taste.

Serve with boiled rice.

HONEY-PIE
In a soup-plate put:

:loco: 1 pear ( or 1 apple, but in this case I use the yellow-green type)
Cut it in small pieces (no mince!)

:loco: feta 200g (=7.054 oz) (feta is a greek cheese produced from fresh pasteurized sheep's and goat's milk)
Cut it in small pieces (n...)

:headbang: Honey (liquid, I use "acacia" type for its delicate taste)
2 table-spoons (FULL!!!)

:Smug: olive-oil, extra (if you don't like it, don't use it!)
At the most 1 table-spoon

mix...
and eat:Smokin: !

You don't kill threads.

But you can either talk about posting recipes or you can actually post recipes...

you guys requested my pizza dough recipe 'cause it's so sexy, here goes

PIZZA DOUGH

1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup warm water (~110 degrees F)
2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon instant yeast
2 teaspoons olive oil (don't put this in the mixing bowl)

Toss everything into a bowl except for that last bit of olive oil, mix it all together. Let it sit for a while (Jeff Varasano, the king of pizza on the internet, says this is very important (~15 minutes), but I don't like waiting so maybe just sit 5 minutes for fun in case it helps, as a compromise).
Knead - if using a mixer with dough hooks, use about medium speed for 15 minutes. If you don't have a mixer, you'll have to hand knead for a while. Or you can use a bread machine if you're one of those crazies.
Use that extra olive oil you have now and coat the inside of a large bowl with it.
Place ball of dough into oiled up bowl. Cover with lid or plastic wrap or somethin'
If you want to eat the pizza today, let it sit out to rise for a couple o' hours, if you're not in a rush, place it in the fridge to rise for up to 24 hours.
When dough looks all blobby and almost doubles in size, it's good to go (I edited out some stuff here about punching down the dough because I realized I don't do that anymore, it's bad advice for pizzer dough, if someone says punch it down, they're liars but it's also really fun oh well)
Flatten it out onto a pizza pan or peel or whatever tickles your fancy.
Let it rise again for a while (about 20 minutes), making sure it's shaped to your liking.

This makes one extra large pizza or split it in half for two fun sized personal pizzas.

Then put toppings on there and enjoy.

eng101.gif
Pizza baking protips!
Crank the oven up to its max temp. I dare you to bust it up so you can bake a pizza with the cleaning cycle, but 500 degrees will do I guess...
If you have a pizza stone (or cheapo alternative: a slab of granite!) Place it as low in the oven as it'll go. Preheat it with the oven.
Otherwise just use a pizza pan in the middle of the oven.
Cast iron skillets are wicked good choices too, if you turn it upside down and use the bottom you can pretend its a pizza stone.

There's a lot of other details for better pizza making but I'd rather not belabor the point, just go with the basics for now.

Mushroom burger

Mushrooms (A handful)
Cooking oil (I use margarine but anything that will simmer)
x Burger patties (Replace x with favorite number)
Montreal Steak Spice
Clove of garlic
Bacon
Cheese slices (Again, favorite number rule)
Grated cheese
Cream cheese (If desired)
Condiments

Place mushrooms and bacon in pan. Fill the pan with cooking oil until mushrooms are submerged. Begin cooking the mushrooms and wait till simmering. Dice clove of garlic and insert into pan. If cream cheese is desired, dice a small chunk into small squares and place in pan. Place burgers to cook over top of mushrooms and bacon. Apply steak spice. Cook and form patties to pan until they bleed real good, then flip. Scrape off attached mushrooms back into pan (Flip, if desired), and prepare the buns until burgers are cooked.

From bottom to top (My preference):

Bottom bun
Mayo
Sliced cheese
Burger pattie
Bacon
Mushrooms
Grated cheese
Burger pattie
Sliced cheese
Ketchup
Mayo
Top bun

Optional: Soak the buns with the resulting juices before applying patties.

Deluxe Mac 'n' Cheese

Prepare as normal, but prior to putting the noodles in, add any spice of preference. When strained, place macaroni into pot again. Add margarine. Mix. Add cream cheese. Mix. Add milk. Mix. Add package of white cheddar cheese powder, grated cheese, and parmasean cheese. Mix. Eat and enjoy.

Since this board is infamously known as the useless-thread board,
I have decided to make one that is not useless!!
The recipes thread!

ha ha!

just thought I'd point this out, for all the haters. Look we were even useless back in 2004, and even then resorted to food posts :kickass:

A quality formula, tried and true!

Lynns shrimp something or other.

One pound or whatever of shrimp, place in bowl and marinate in a fridge with Newmans Balsam Vinegrette Salad Dressing, a load of smashed garlic for several hours.

Sautee sliced carrots, yellow and red peppers , hand full of sliced garlic, mushrooms in olive oil, pepper and papirika, add shrimp at end and cook untill tender.

Serve over cooked linguinie noodz lubed with butter and fresh grated parmie cheese along with garlic toast and a bottle or three of a white wine.

Pass out from pasta over dose, the end.

One question: Last time I used Olive Oil to sauteé something, my house fucking reeked. Do I have to keep on a low heat, or what went wrong?

Lynn's I was in college and came home piss drunk mac and cheeze.

Mac and cheeze

1 or 2 or could have been 3 hell if I can remember cans of tuna fish

Mustard to taste.

mix it all up in a bowl entirely way to large for what was needed

Pass out in the corner with a large potted plant.

BUMP!

As my chef mom's annual visit approaches (and my dad too!, but he's not a chef, just a professional eater... ) I decided to finally buy this:

le-creuset-blue-oval3.jpg

(only mine is red, I bet you REALY wanted to know that)

anyhoo... I want some good braising recipes to impress my mommy with BEFORE she teaches me hers... anyone??
Has anyone cooked with cast iron pots before?
I'm a French-Oven virgin!

bought one last year (?) weighs about 20 lbs, mine is green cuz thats all they had... anyhoo

(1) Lb Lg Shrimp
(1) Lb sea Scallops
(1) Large red bell pepper

(2) Tbsp fresh minced garlic
Generous splash of Marcello wine
(2) Limes
¼ hpng tbsp lime zest
(1) Hpng Tbsp Cumin
(1 or 2) large Jalapeño’s chopped fine (2) yes (2
(1) 8oz can frozen orange juice concentrate (defrosted)

Peel Shrimp and clean Scallops. In a medium size bowl add ½ to 2/3 can orange juice, Marcello wine, cumin, squeeze juice of (1) lime (scrape out pulp with spoon and add to mixture), ¼ Hpng tbsp lime zest, garlic and finely chopped Jalapeño(s) (with seeds). Mix well poor in freezer bag add shrimp and scallops. Place in refrigerator Marinate at least 30 minutes or longer mixing well and frequently.
While marinating cut lime peels into small wedges, cut red pepper into small squares and soak bamboo skewers in warm water.
Once marinated place shrimp, red peppers, lime and scallops on skewers alternating. Place on grill basting frequently with left over marinade. Cook till shrimp are pink on both sides and scallops turn opaque and are firm to touch. Use second lime to squeeze over kabobs before serving.
Note: this marinade is great with just about any type of meat, Beef, Chicken, Pork, White fish and especially all types of shell fish (even mussels and oysters).
I like mine with a bed of spicy Spanish rice