OT: Food & Dessert

Out of respect for the rest of the board, I've taken down most of the pics of Tuesday night's dinner. Now I'll just go watch Babe...

I saw the pics, they didn't bother me. Shit, I bet if we posted how hot dogs are made, many would stop eating them. Not to bag on those that don't like the pictures, heck, I'd probably become a vegetarian if I had to hunt down my own food. I just can't do that whole thing. Now, a final product and on a plate, yum!

Funny jokes Sara! Heard them before, but good to here em again :lol:

Anyone hungry for bacon? How about trying the newest internet craze?

WARNING: Contains at least 5,000 calories and 500 grams of fat per roll.

Eating alot of fat and getting heart disease isn't a joke. My brother just had a heart attack and he is only 47. I hope that he changes his eating habits. I want him around.

Eating alot of fat and getting heart disease isn't a joke. My brother just had a heart attack and he is only 47. I hope that he changes his eating habits. I want him around.

I couldn't agree more. Something like the Bacon Explosion should not be taken on a daily or even a weekly basis. Maybe once a year or on a special occasion like Super Bowl (which is practically how this came out in the first place).

BTW, nlukes, sorry to hear about your brother. I think you'd better straighten him out on what not to eat.

(Damn, throughout this entire thread, we haven't come up with something that's actually healthy.)

I couldn't agree more. Something like the Bacon Explosion should not be taken on a daily or even a weekly basis. Maybe once a year or on a special occasion like Super Bowl (which is practically how this came out in the first place).

BTW, nlukes, sorry to hear about your brother. I think you'd better straighten him out on what not to eat.

(Damn, throughout this entire thread, we haven't come up with something that's actually healthy.)

Well my brother is a farmer and farmers get HUNGRY. Sometimes is hard to eat healthy.

The jambalaya / fish & red wine are healthy choices. I wish that I could still drink. A glass or 2 of red wine is good for the heart.

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's heart attack, Nancy! :cry: I sure hope he will be okay and listen to you and the advice of his doctors I'm sure he has been given. :kickass:(pretend this is red wine that the smiley is holding up! Haha!)

Hey Jeremy, it's more fun posting and reading about the stuff you shouldn't eat on a regular basis! :lol:

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's heart attack, Nancy! :cry: I sure hope he will be okay and listen to you and the advice of his doctors I'm sure he has been given. :kickass:(pretend this is red wine that the smiley is holding up! Haha!)

Hey Jeremy, it's more fun posting and reading about the stuff you shouldn't eat on a regular basis! :lol:

Thanks Linda. Hope that is a glass of a delicious California Cabernet !:headbang:

I'm tempted to buy a bottle of the Alto Medrano Syrah I posted earlier, as it's $6.

BTW, if you guys happen to have an Asian market near your area (Mark & Linda, I highly recommend Seafood City at the corner of Woodman and Roscoe), go to the candy/cookies section and get yourself a can (or two) of chocolate Love Letters. Last I checked, the big 1 kg. can was going for under $8.

Of all the foods on that site, the Snickers pie is probably the only one that's tolerable (and the Bacon Explosion, but that's another story). Everything else is just forced and a waste of good food. And I hate it when people give bacon a bad name by putting it on food groups it doesn't belong, such as dessert and ice cream.

This restaurant wants how much for their ice cream?!?:OMG:

$1,000 Ice Cream

found the ingrediants (i was curious about the dessert caviar):

The Golden Opulence Sundae, the "World's most expensive sundae", was created to celebrate Serendipity's 50th Anniversay last year. (If you are paying attention, the 50th anniversary is the "golden" anniversary. Get it?)
Made with "5 scoops of the richest Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream infused with Madagascar vanilla and covered in 23K edible gold leaf, the sundae is drizzled with the world's most expensive chocolate, Amedei Porceleana, and covered with chunks of rare Chuao chocolate, which is from cocoa beans harvested by the Caribbean Sea on Venezuela's coast. The masterpiece is suffused with exotic candied fruits from Paris, gold dragets, truffles and Marzipan Cherries. It is topped with a tiny glass bowl of Grand Passion Caviar, an exclusive dessert caviar, made of salt-free American Golden caviar, known for its sparkling golden color. It's sweetened and infused with fresh passion fruit, orange and Armagnac. The sundae is served in a baccarat Harcourt crystal goblet with an 18K gold spoon to partake in the indulgence served with a petite mother of pearl spoon and topped with a gilded sugar flower by Ron Ben-Israel."

oooo la la! :worship:

Yeah, and to wash that all down, you gotta have the most expensive coffee in the world. (If you've seen The Bucket List starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, you know what I'm talking about.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q7IYpLYQ7Q]Kopi Luwak[/ame]