OMG!! I have discovered Judas Priest...

rhavin2112

Lost to Apathy
Feb 26, 2002
Knoxville, TN
www.appropriateapocalypse.com
Okay, I do believe Dustin and I have had this discussion before, but I always dismissed JP because I always felt they influenced all the "Butt Rock" where Maiden influenced the more artistic thrash and prog scene.

On a whim however, I made an impulse buy at the record store and bought Painkiller. I had always heard how incredible it was and how it is considered the finest hour of the band.

OH SWEET JESUS.. :kickass: nothing prepared me for this! Painkiller kicked me in the ass! Since then I have aquired the Metalogy boxset, Screaming, Defenders, the two Ripper records and Halford's solo input.

Overall, I greatly enjoy the serious, lean and mean priest. Tracks like Electric Eye, The Sentinel, all of Painkiller (horrible lyrics notwithstanding) but I detest the more rock oriented material.

And for the record, I am enjoying the Ripper records. Cathedral Spires is simply brilliant and Demolition is not anywhere near as bad I had read.

And also for the record...Halford's Crucible is the finest thing the man has ever released....

your thoughts KatVigians?????

:err:

ADAM!!!!

Wow... long time no chat my friend! Good to see you over here in our part of the woods. :wave:

...and you thought YOU were late on discovering Judas Priest! I only started getting into them about a year ago. Matt & Lynn had been harrassing me for years to buy ceratin albums and such taht I would dig, and I would always hesitate, becasue I thought a majority of their material would be like "You Got another thing Comin' " or "Living After Midnight" or any of the more radio oriended stuff... which I detested! :yuk:

The only album I owned from JP with Halford on it was "Painkiller" believe it or not, and I've had it since it came out. I loved that album I knew it was their heavist, so I never persued the older albums. I purchased "Jugulator" blindly a while after it came out, and it seriously kicked my ass...and it's twice as heavy as "Painkiller"!!!

To make a long story short... I broke down and decided to nab a few of the older, remasterd albums that I found for a decent price at a local CD shop just for something a bit diffrent...and I was kicking myself in the ass for ignoring them for this long!!!!

I have aquired every album, even the first two highly underated albums, which was when they were more art/progressive rock (Rocka Rolla & Sad Wings Of Destiny...respectivly!).

I must agree with you Adam... it was a mistake to pass JP off as another cheesy 80's Butt-rock band, I did it, and I was seriously an ignorat fool to do so! Judas Preist are defaintly one of the true "Metal Gods"!!!

And for the record, even though the guitar tone on "Demolition" is seriously weak and synthiszed-sounding, and drives be absolutly bats, it is still a damn fine album! :D

\m/
Dustin

Yeah i have been away for awhile. School has been kicking my ass! But I graduate in 5 weeks (I hope) and look forward to reconnecting with my Kat V buds:headbang:

Have you heard Halford's "Crucible"? It is the finest record he has done as well as the heaviest. You must own this disc!