Omnirax S6C242...Used for 400? Good deal?

nwright

Apr 19, 2005
New Castle, Indiana
www.myspace.com
Anyone ever use one of these? I can get one for 400 used. To be honest, I don't have a mixing board or anything, it would mainly be used as a desk for now (utilizing the flat space where the mixer sits as my desk). But, for the price new vs. 400 used, and plans for the future, I think I may do it.

Anyone have any pros/cons as to it's comfort/performance?

I know it's just a desk, but I've no clue about it.

http://www.omnirax.com/SITE/show_product.asp?pid=79&cid=3

The price may be right, but I meant excessive as in size, good god - check this thread for my conclusions on a desk for myself after a lot of internal debate (especially make note of AudioGeekZine's "Ikea Hacker" link for your rack needs :) )

I've seen the Ikea hack thing, and have actually made a couple of those types of things myself.

Wal-Mart sells a utility cart that has a middle shelf in it and enough room above and below the shelf for 6-8 rack spaces. The width is DEAD ON to install rack rails internally and not have to do anything to get them to fit. They are 22 bucks a piece. I bought 2 of those, and 2 sets of 6 space rails for the top parts of the cart. Instant 12 rack spaces on rolling carts for around 60 bucks.